Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My 2018 JKU RECON build

Old 08-09-2017, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 2018 JKU RECON build

So the order banks open up tomorrow 8/10/17 for the 2018 JK's. I have decided that i want a JK rather than wait and see if I like the JL. I am ordering from Craig Benner at Koons Jeep in Virginia . They have 4% UNDER invoice for Recons and 6% under for all others.

I have a pile of parts that i have been collecting while waiting to place my order.
35" Duratracs and Srike 5's from Discount Tire Direct, AEV 3.5 SC with Hellwig swaybar, Maximus winch plate with Warn Zeon 8S, SpiderWebShades, Surprise Straps, JW Speaker tailights, Tuffy Underseat drawers, rear seat recline kit, etc, etc, etc. The only thing i haven't bought are my tube doors and mirrors (Rancho) and my Big Brake Kit (not sure Teraflex or Dynatrac). I might have six to eight weeks before my JK arrives so I should have the brakes by then and cold weather will be setting in before I get the tube doors so that might wait til Spring.( Christmas gift certificates :-)

I have been collecting parts in anticipation of this order and I am hoping to be able to complete all of it in about three days after taking delivery. I am really excited to do this build because this is the first time I have spared no expense in putting together my Jeep.

Wish me luck!!
Old 08-09-2017, 06:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So they will offer '18 JKs from the factory? I was under the impression they'd overlap briefly but I figured they'd just let the 17s roll until the end of the year. Interesting.
Old 08-09-2017, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cutman
So they will offer '18 JKs from the factory? I was under the impression they'd overlap briefly but I figured they'd just let the 17s roll until the end of the year. Interesting.

Yes, they will be model year'18 JK's. No changes that i know of but should find out tomorrow. I know there will be a new color called Nacho on the JL's but not sure if they will have it on the JK's. I'm guessing it's some type of orange.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I actually placed the order today. I found out there is a premium TAN soft top option this year for the JK. I think this might be the first time ever offered. I know Khaki was available the first couple of years but it was so close to gray it was hardly noticeable. You can now or the 430 radio in the Recons as well as the 430N(navigation). I chose the 430N but having the 430 available is a nice option for people that don't need or want Navigation and can save them $450-500.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you already bought the Zeon 8. If not I'd suggest moving up to the 10. The JKU is heavy.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GIROGecko
Have you already bought the Zeon 8. If not I'd suggest moving up to the 10. The JKU is heavy.
I upgraded to the 10S. Thank you
Old 10-16-2017, 06:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Picked up my new Recon. Only visible change in now the lower fender decal says UNLIMITED JK instead of just UNLIMITED.

Quick Reply: My 2018 JKU RECON build