Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My intro thread/history +Jeep swimming at Corbett, West Palm Beach and my other car.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My intro thread/history +Jeep swimming at Corbett, West Palm Beach and my other car.

Hey everyone! This is my first formal pic thread. I had a 2001 TJ back in the day and loved it to death. I was never too adventurous with it but it was great. I traded it in for a daily driver 2004 Toyota Celica and missed it ever since. From 2004 till now I've been stuck in the "tuner" scene doing carshows magazines and avoiding speed bumps but I've always had a soft spot for Jeeps. I also missed not having to care about driveways and pot holes.

Well fastforward and due to recent passing of a certain bar, I wanted to treat myself to new car. I testdrove everything from an Infiniti M37 to Benz ML to Honda CRZ. I was almost set on a 2009 Lexus LS but I just did not have that connection. My wife knew I wanted another Jeep and she suggested I go that rout. For 2 months I was on every forum researching and drooling. Twice I almost snagged a 2011 but after testdriving and hearing about the upcoming 2012 with the 3.6 I forced myself to wait. A few weeks back I found a local 4 door sport waiting to be snagged. Didn't take too long to buy thanks to friends and family discount but haggling price on a 2004 KIA OPTIMA trade in with 100,000 miles took some time.

Next day I went out, limo tinted the windows, removed all decals, removed the front chrome JEEP logo and gave it a solid 3 stage meguiars wax. Following day I ordered up Quadratec mats, Quadratex grab handles and Mopar door sills.

Last weekend I pulled the doors off for the first time, pulled the carpets and removed the front of the hardtop (noone to assist with the whole thing though I will be looking into making a hoist). Thankfully I live next to the back fence of J.W. Corbett in West Palm Beach, FL. Not an overly challenging reserve but some nice water covered trails and mud trails to test the Jeep.

And now for the pics:

My 2001 TJ. Yeah I was young and liked chrome fenders were off as I was spraying a new coat of black

New vs. Old

2012 JKU Sport: 2nd Day after Tint, Decals removed, wash and wax:

Next to the other toy (see more pics of the celica at the bottom)

Trip to the Corbett:

Lunch on the Trail (Publix subs FTW)

Then ran into this family that just purchased an older jeep to have fun a few weeks ago. They did a bit more splashing then me

Thank goodness for removable carpets and drain plugs. Most of the day I would go until the water started coming in then backtrack but a few times I just had to go for it. This is one of those pansy times

Stopped in a shallow area and got out for a pose pic

A local with a badass snorkel:

And now for my other project. Note if a bit of rice and tuner makes you squeamish then bypass these pics

My 2004 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged. 28+ sponsors over the years, all mods except painting done in house with friends in whatever garage or parkinlot was open.

Some highlights:
-Hand welded supercharger setup including split design to allow for an A2A intercooler, hand made manifold and hand polish (no chrome)
-Exterior carbon fiber is all candy painted House of Kolor Oriental Blue
-Brakes are 1 off Rotora 6 Piston 14.5"
-Underside rear suspension arms braces etc are powdercoated chrome
-Interior carbon fiber including full headliner is all real molded replacements, no stick on.
-Fully integrated car computer running multi media and my continual data logging and tuning through an Emanage ultimate
-Sub setup is modular and removable. Made by a buddy and I over 2 weeks. No clue about fiberglassing. All done watching youtube videos.

[IMG]http://ultraevolution.com/coverage/2010/Dans_Celica/IMG_2316.jpg/IMG]

Lastly. My Modified Magazine Indonesia cover feature. Note this was an older look for the car and the supercharge was just a basic Greddy bolt-on at the time.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

ah congrats on the jeep! i think i saw this magazine, when i was on vacation there!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

SWEET ludsky. Other ride nasty
Old 10-30-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Homered looking NASTY.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:12 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the jeep has some catching up to do!! That Celica is bad azz!!

Somehow, I feel that you will be mod'ing very soon!
Old 10-30-2011, 12:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks everyone. Going much slower on modding the Jeep. 1st due to cost (celica was built in undergrad and law school with side jobs sponsors and lots of free time) Now with real expenses, house, student loans, other cars, dogs, wife, 0 free time, etc the cash flow and time goes quick, and 2nd I am trying to keep it more functional as a daily driver. The celica was a daily from 2004 till last November which was a massive pain. Couldn't carry anything, couldn't go anywhere with more then a 1% grade, always paranoid.

Impending plans for the Jeep in order:
-extend breather lines (picked up the lines yesterday)
-hoist for hard top
-NX Trek top for "winter"
-R.R. Snorkel (whenever it is out)
-LOD midwith front
-Winch

Then take it easy to save up for a moderate 2.5"-3" lift. I do not plan to go over 35's anytime soon.

Last edited by hombredelassrtas; 10-30-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

the jeep is nice,(never into tuner sceen) but that yota is clean as a whistle VERY NICE WORK, if you put that much time and effort into the jeep DAMN that thing will be NICE
Old 10-30-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rhino line your interior of jeep.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jstnjoy
ah congrats on the jeep! i think i saw this magazine, when i was on vacation there!
Really? Awesome! I had no idea I was going to be on the cover until a friend over there e-mailed me a pic of it in the store.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattymo
Rhino line your interior of jeep.
Yeah I plan to play around with bedliner for the inside and possibly the fenders (if i can find one that wont fade).

Quick Reply: My intro thread/history +Jeep swimming at Corbett, West Palm Beach and my other car.