JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   New (used) JK Unlimited owner (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/new-used-jk-unlimited-owner-333129/)

Spiritwalker42 04-24-2016 06:45 AM

New (used) JK Unlimited owner

4 Attachment(s)
Hello All,

Our family just traded in our '97 Jeep TJ for a 2010 JK Unlimited Sport. We are really digging this thing. It has a 4" lift and 35"s. It has the stock spare tire though and I am looking to get one to match the MTs soonest.

Attachment 644850Attachment 644858Attachment 644852

Wondering if someone could confirm the proper spare to get. I have 17" Mickey Thompson Classic IIIs. I am quite sure the bolt pattern is 5 x 5. Here are a couple shots of what I have and a link below to what I think I need.... let me know what you all think. Thanks! Ken

Mickey Thompson - Classic III, 17X9 with 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern - Polished | 4WheelParts.com

karls10jk 04-24-2016 06:56 AM

Newport News? That wheel looks close to what you've got. Be careful with putting that big of a tire on the back without extra support. You'll quickly destroy your tailgate and be up a creek.

I too moved from a TJ to a JK and it's fantastic. Everything about it is just awesome.

Spiritwalker42 04-24-2016 07:08 AM

Thanks for the quick reply and advice on reinforcing/modifying the spare mount. I have started looking at a couple options and will pick something up for sure.

One of the things that threw me off with trying to find the same rim was that when I measured with a tape measure it came up 11" from lip to lip.... I am guessing the 9" size comes from a point measured different from what I checked.... there are no MT Classic IIIs with 11" width from what I can tell.... I think I will go check the offset to make sure the link I posted is the correct rim.

Thanks Again!

karls10jk 04-24-2016 07:14 AM

It probably is a 9" wheel, Mickey doesn't do many crazy wider wheels. If you pull off one of those wheels and check the backside, it should tell you the wheel size and offset.

Spiritwalker42 04-24-2016 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by karls10jk (Post 4210478)
It probably is a 9" wheel, Mickey doesn't do many crazy wider wheels. If you pull off one of those wheels and check the backside, it should tell you the wheel size and offset.

I was able to get a view of some of the numbers stamped on the inside of the wheel.... the link i posted is the right wheel.

:thumbsup:

karls10jk 04-24-2016 07:22 AM

I'm just around the corner in Chesapeake if you want/ need help or assistance with it. I've had mine since new and put 134k miles on it.

Spiritwalker42 04-24-2016 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by karls10jk (Post 4210485)
I'm just around the corner in Chesapeake if you want/ need help or assistance with it. I've had mine since new and put 134k miles on it.

Thanks man, You have put some good miles on that thing!.....

From what I have gathered, it looks like I am going to spend more $$ reinforcing my rear door/hanger than monies spent on the wheel and tire,lol..... mods add up.

Have a good one, :beer:

Jonathan_JK 04-24-2016 04:44 PM

Welcome to the JK world.

That is my favorite color. If they had that in 2013 when I ordered mine I would have done that color.

Spiritwalker42 04-24-2016 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK (Post 4210633)
Welcome to the JK world.

That is my favorite color. If they had that in 2013 when I ordered mine I would have done that color.

Thanks. I love the blue also. Almost matches another blue car I have. I like this blue better

AlexjeepVb 04-25-2016 06:15 AM

Welcome!! Nice to see more local guys!! Im in Virginia Beach myself. Also nice color choice, I do miss my 2010 Deepwater Blue, def the best color Jeep has done in my opinion.