Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Paint job

Old 06-24-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianjk7
Flat fenders won't be cheaper than paint job.

Paint job = $575

Flat fenders = $550
Wanting to fit 37s in bigger wheel well = $1750
Tire carrier = $1200
Regear = $1000
Lift = $1000
drivelines = $1000

ect., ect.

If you've ever seen flat fenders with anything less than 35-37 then it looks kinda funny. Just paint or Line-x then and call it a day.
Dude your signature is hilarious!
Old 06-24-2011, 11:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The clips that hold the flare on are not cheap unless you buy from the right place. IM not sure, but I think they are the same as the clips on a liberty. That will same you a lot of money. I had mine sprayed with linex for around 100. I have a friend that does it. Better product and must be a much better friend.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

I own an industrial coatings business. I do not paint cars often, but I paint a lot of pieces (bumpers, fenders, hoods, heads, etc) when people are restoring cars. $575 isn't bad. Paint prices are out the roof due to raw materials shortage and higher oil prices. I would have quoted you around $125 per fender.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

take the fenders off your self. go get you a couple rattle cans of rustoleum or whatever and spray them yourself. you can even get the textured kind that is just the same as linex. you could have it done in a day and let it sit and cure over night into the next day. or if your state doesn't have a fender law, cruise around without them and do a couple of coats. alot cheaper in my mind.

Quick Reply: Paint job