Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request smittybilt outback windbreaker installed on JKU behind rear seat.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pic request smittybilt outback windbreaker installed on JKU behind rear seat.

I have searched for 3 days trying to find a pic of this installed and even on sellers websites they only show it on a 2 door even for the 4door ad.
And all the pics I find of it installed on a JKU are of it installed behind the front seats.
I need to see how it will look installed behind the rear seat of the unlimited. I already have the tonneau cover.
Just need to see it before I pull the trigger.
Thanks.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll look and see if I have any pics from when I had this setup on. It's cold in Chicago still so I still have my Hardtop on otherwise I would just put it on and take a pic for you when I get home. I'll see what I can do
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ddubb
I'll look and see if I have any pics from when I had this setup on. It's cold in Chicago still so I still have my Hardtop on otherwise I would just put it on and take a pic for you when I get home. I'll see what I can do
Cool looking forward to them but I dont know if it will work since I don't have door surrounds and there is no roll bar down the sides by the back seat
Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Talked to 4 wheel parts and looked at the thing won't work without flapping around like crazy no way to secure the sides.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sporticon
Talked to 4 wheel parts and looked at the thing won't work without flapping around like crazy no way to secure the sides.
I just took my hardtop off tonight, I'll try to put it on tomorrow and take some pics. FYI, I don't think I ever hook it up to the sides, I'm pretty sure the few times I used it I locked the bottom to the Chanel in the rear deck cover thing and also on the top straps over the soundbar. I'll confirm it when I put it on
Old 04-06-2013, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ddubb

I just took my hardtop off tonight, I'll try to put it on tomorrow and take some pics. FYI, I don't think I ever hook it up to the sides, I'm pretty sure the few times I used it I locked the bottom to the Chanel in the rear deck cover thing and also on the top straps over the soundbar. I'll confirm it when I put it on
Thanks that would be a great help. I was thinking of ways to try and make it work anyway.
I have the rear tonneau cover and a mesh extended safari top and want to make this work so my little girls are a little more comfy on the highway on the way to the trails.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks that would be a great help. I was thinking of ways to try and make it work anyway.
I have the rear tonneau cover and a mesh extended safari top and want to make this work so my little girls are a little more comfy on the highway on the way to the trails.
I took a look today, I realized I may have an older version of the rear cover thing. Mine isn't the full wraparound version. It is attached on the bottom by the chanel that hooks to the rear tonneau cover, the top is hooked up by two straps that go over and around the sound bar if used in the front position or the rear roll bar in the far back position. I don't think mine has the straps for the sides. I've used it a few times and didn't notice any flapping around due to wind or anything. Hopefully that helps. I wasn't able to put it on today due to some rain though
Old 04-07-2013, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

The one I was looking at wasn't a full wrap around either. Just has straps top to attach to roll bar on top and child anchors on the bottom and the middle section looks like it has half a zipper to attach to tonneau cover or tonneau extension. I think I'm just going to buy it and find a way to make it work macguiver style.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

For those few who want to know. You can make it work but I recommend using it with the tonneau that the middle zips into. Otherwise it's to long and will flap bad. I will have to modify the center two top straps though to pull it closer to the roll bar in the center.
Here are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1521253555.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	444604   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1134397700.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	444606   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-258730551.jpg
Views:	681
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	444608  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

For those few who want to know. You can make it work but I recommend using it with the tonneau that the middle zips into. Otherwise it's to long and will flap bad. I will have to modify the center two top straps though to pull it closer to the roll bar in the center.
Here are a couple pics.
Looks good, sorry I couldn't help you any better, still raining in Chicago so could change up my setup for pics

Quick Reply: Pic request smittybilt outback windbreaker installed on JKU behind rear seat.