Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of 295/70/R17 Tires? Badass IMO

Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4573davidb
Post pics when you get lift and tires installed! Might be going with same setup
I sure will,,,still waiting on UPS,,

Old 02-05-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like this tire
Old 02-06-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OrangeJK11

Try treadepot.com they were the cheapest price I found for the cooper stt 295's.....and no I don't think there are any cons its not really a big difference and I'm running the 295's on my 2 door with an automatic and the 3.73 gearing with no problems
Thanks for the tip. I just went to the website and those are the cheapest I've seen them too and shipping rate was not bad, wow. I just ordered 5 295/70r17 Cooper STT with some 17" XD 795 Hoss Wheels. I will post pics when I get them on.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

your rig look nice man. I have a brand new set of 295/70 -17 Nitto Trail Grapplers that I bought for my truck, but then traded my truck for my 2dr Rubicon. I've been waiting to put these tires on my Jeep because I wanted to buy new rims. Looking at your set up, it looks nice... but I was concerned with running wheel spacers... should I have concern over that - I drive 35 miles to work every day - highway. How long have you been running the spacers? are they these:

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...SPIDER-WHS-010

Thanks...

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Might as well add mine to the collection. 295/70/17 Toyo MT's on a Teraflex Leveling Kit w/ Spidertrax wheel spacers.

And comparing it to the stock Rubi tire:
Old 02-06-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TXJfrosty
your rig look nice man. I have a brand new set of 295/70 -17 Nitto Trail Grapplers that I bought for my truck, but then traded my truck for my 2dr Rubicon. I've been waiting to put these tires on my Jeep because I wanted to buy new rims. Looking at your set up, it looks nice... but I was concerned with running wheel spacers... should I have concern over that - I drive 35 miles to work every day - highway. How long have you been running the spacers? are they these:

Thanks...
Tons of people on here run spacers without problems and they believe they are safe. I personally would not run spacers on a dally driver but that is just me. Besides, who wants to have the same stock wheels on as the next door soccer mom ?

Thanks for the pic
Old 02-06-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KGN4X4
Anyone else have the Cooper STT in the 295/70r17? Just called discount tire and the sales guy I talked to is giving me a pretty decent price on them, almost the same price as the 285's. Also, is there any con's to getting a 295 vs a 285 tire?? I don't see a whole lot of folks run the 295's. You wouldn't need to regear with the 295's would you?
What's your gas mileage with a set up like this?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the tip. I just went to the website and those are the cheapest I've seen them too and shipping rate was not bad, wow. I just ordered 5 295/70r17 Cooper STT with some 17" XD 795 Hoss Wheels. I will post pics when I get them on.
Sweet!! congratulations! cant wait to see the pics!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

Please post pics in this thread when you get them
Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by speed2005
Besides, who wants to have the same stock wheels on as the next door soccer mom ?
First of all, I happen to like the stock Rubicon wheels. And as for soccer moms that drive Jeeps... They're OK in my book!

And as far as spacers go... Just get a good quality set. None of that overseas Made in China crap. I've seen several reputable parts manufacturers offer them in their product line. I would have no problem using 'em.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TXJfrosty

Thanks...
Thanks for the compliment. I also have a 50+ mile daily commute (with plenty of highway for the majority of the trip) on the tires and the spacers have been fine the whole time. Every time I've checked the spacers for torque when rotating tires, they haven't budged (thanks, red loctite!).

And yes, they're the Spidertrax's that you noted. Good stuff.

They're really good to use if you don't have the spare coin for new wheels, or just like the look of the stock ones.

Quick Reply: Pics of 295/70/R17 Tires? Badass IMO