Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of My New Pro Comp 315/70R17 Xtreme M/T's & Pro Comp 8179 Simulock Wheels

Old 03-24-2007, 07:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up Pics of My New Pro Comp 315/70R17 Xtreme M/T's & Pro Comp 8179 Simulock Wheels

Thanks to the great help of 4Wheel Drive Hardware, I finally got my JK sitting on a set of new Pro Comp 315/70R17 Xtreme M/T's mounted on Pro Comp 8179 Powdercoated Simulock Wheels - check it out!!

Click Here to See More Pics

Old 03-24-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks way good WOL.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Robar
That looks way good WOL.
Thanks Robar! I was't 100% sure how everything would work out with just a TeraFlex 2.5" BB but so far so good. Thanks to the extended bump stops that come with the TeraFlex kit, I think this setup will work just fine. The only real downside I have noticed so far is the power drain, but then... I have an appointment scheduled with Off Road Evolution on Monday to get 4.88's installed
Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice wheels, but may be a little biased .

I know you probably haven't tried them offroad yet, but what is your opinion of the Xtreme M/T's so far? I've noticed that they're significantly more expensice than similar tires.

Anyway, glad you ditched the stockers.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like your wheels

Old 03-24-2007, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good! Nice clean balanced look. Good job!
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I guess you proved that 35s do fit on a BB. Tell us if you rub when you get it moving off road! Thanks for all the great info and I can't wait to read whatever you write up next .

-Living Still
Old 03-25-2007, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Thanks Robar! I was't 100% sure how everything would work out with just a TeraFlex 2.5" BB but so far so good. Thanks to the extended bump stops that come with the TeraFlex kit, I think this setup will work just fine. The only real downside I have noticed so far is the power drain, but then... I have an appointment scheduled with Off Road Evolution on Monday to get 4.88's installed
WOL, be careful with your first time flexing with that setup. The front should clear but the rear is going to be really close. I had my rig maxed out on the flex today (sitting on the bumpstops front and rear) and with my 305/70-17 bighorns I had about 1/4" clearance to the body seam/stock rock rails. You might need to break out the trusty sawzall or big hammer for that pesky body seam.

The rear tire does stuff nicely on the BB though. With longer rear CA's 35's would be no problem. I had about 1" of clearance to the rear bumper so if the tire was centered in the wheel well there would be plenty of room.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

looks great Eddie,

i have the same tires and i like them a lot, i noticed the humm is getting a little bit louder but still pretty quiet

let us know how the 4.88 install goes, i have an appointment with Mel on the 10th of April for the same

Dmitry
Old 03-26-2007, 08:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Thanks guys

Originally Posted by stacey
WOL that is truly a great look for the JK.

Two Qs:

1) will you be leveling out the front?

2) could you please post a pic standing beside, with OR without one leg up getting into it, if you care to share how tall it is?
Hey stacey, I may or may not level the front end out as I really don't think the small rake looks that bad and I haven't had any issues with clearance/rubbing yet. Also, I will most likely be starting up the next phase of my build-up which will include the installation of a Full Traction 3" Ultimate Lift. As far as photos go, I'll see what I can do about posting something in the next couple of days.

Originally Posted by duffman
WOL, be careful with your first time flexing with that setup. The front should clear but the rear is going to be really close. I had my rig maxed out on the flex today (sitting on the bumpstops front and rear) and with my 305/70-17 bighorns I had about 1/4" clearance to the body seam/stock rock rails. You might need to break out the trusty sawzall or big hammer for that pesky body seam.

The rear tire does stuff nicely on the BB though. With longer rear CA's 35's would be no problem. I had about 1" of clearance to the rear bumper so if the tire was centered in the wheel well there would be plenty of room.
Yeah, I've been eyeing that pinch seam and have my sawzall ready to go

Originally Posted by jeepik
looks great Eddie,

i have the same tires and i like them a lot, i noticed the humm is getting a little bit louder but still pretty quiet

let us know how the 4.88 install goes, i have an appointment with Mel on the 10th of April for the same

Dmitry
Yeah, these tires are nice but they do seem to sing a lot more than the BFG's. I will be sure to keep you all updated with the 4.88's

Quick Reply: Pics of My New Pro Comp 315/70R17 Xtreme M/T's & Pro Comp 8179 Simulock Wheels