Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder Bomshell painted diff covers

Old 02-21-2015, 08:13 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With spray bomb paint masking is extremely hard to do, take your tape pull a section off, take it and apply it to your jeans rub it, remove it then apply to the area you want to mask. This removes some of the adhesive and adds lint to the tape, making it less sticky! This is and old school auto body trick, trust me I've done a few custom jobs in my day
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1410541915.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	597989   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1444423952.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	597990  
Old 02-21-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scooby, did you clean the bare surface with brake clean or any other de greaser before painting? I'd start over to ensure the best look and better durability. Start with a self etching primer then coat with color matched paint. The primer dries pretty quick too.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Go really light with the etching primer too. Like two or three light coats. If you put it on too thick the paint won't adhere well. At least in my experience. Too bad you can't get color matched VHT paint. After you apply it and bake it on your grill (not while burgers are on there though), that sh*t is tough.

Now you know why I got the powder coated ones and just color matched the spider. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Bomshell painted diff covers