Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Powerplant, 33s, and ATX Artillery Wheels

Old 01-05-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerplant, 33s, and ATX Artillery Wheels

This week I brought in the new year with a bunch of new equipment for my Jeep. I bought a Warn Powerplant HP 9500, Rough Country Winch Plate, Rough Country Bumper Conversion, 33x12.5x17 Hercules Trail Digger MTs, 17x9 ATX Artillery wheels, .75" Daystar Front Coil Spacers, a Superchips Flashpaq and an ARB Recovery Kit. The Winch, Flashpaq, and Recovery kit were provided by the good fellows of Northridge4x4.com and the wheels and tires came from a local shop here in Southwest Florida. The Bumper conversion and winch mounting were a breeze, probably 3 hours total time investment (I'm not super-handy). The flashpaq was even easier, although the update software and my PC don't get along very well. I left the Wheels and Tires to professionals for obvious reasons and had them toss the coil spacers on while they were at it because the Winch squatted my front end down by exactly .75". All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome: I should be able to run disconnected without rubbing and won't have to deal with all of the pricey issues that arise with the much coveted 35s. Next step, I suppose, would be to get lockers (probably OxLockers) for the front and rear of my sport and put the same winch plate and Warn Powerplant on my Wife's 4 door Rubicon.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Default Photos

Last edited by Super2; 01-05-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Sweet! the powerplant is HUGE!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah I was a little worried about cooling, but it was 75 degrees outside today and I drove almost all day. It still cools as well as stock!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 PM
JK Freak

Your front end will probably start sagging after a month. Might want to look in getting some 4-door Rubicon springs for the front to compensate for the extra weight of the winch.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I've heard that 4 door Rubi springs are a good idea. I'm going to keep an eye on it and see just how much it settles down, hopefully nothing crazy, but you never know.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great! Winch is a little big up there but still looks great. Tires are really nice along with those wheels.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy crap, yeah the PP is crazy big on the stocker...lookin good though Those are the first trail diggers I have ever seen on a JK, how are they so far??
Old 01-06-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Say, that looks good man. How heavy is that Powerplant winch?
Old 01-06-2011, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Bosox5
holy crap, yeah the PP is crazy big on the stocker...lookin good though Those are the first trail diggers I have ever seen on a JK, how are they so far??
I've only had the Trail Diggers on for 24 hours, but I like them. They look to be good quality and have stud holes for winter driving, not that I'll need those in Florida. They're appreciably louder than my wife's KMs, but that doesn't bother me. Come to think of it, they may be a tad louder than the Maxxis Big Horns I had on my Bronco, but the Bronco's, like my wife's tires, we're 32x10.50 not 33x12.50 like the Trail Diggers ( I don't know if size contributes to noise generation).

Quick Reply: Powerplant, 33s, and ATX Artillery Wheels