Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rancho high steer knuckles

Old 04-18-2017, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Are there some additional benefits besides gaining some TR clearance?
It definitely adds some strength, and puts the steering components in proper alignment when you are above 3" of lift. My rig drives great with absolutely no bump steer. Feels very tight and solid. And to me, the red looks better than the orange and black from the competitors products, personal opinion of course.
Old 04-18-2017, 05:46 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

Yeah... stronger, moves it all higher, and brings it closer to the correct steering geometry. Also the bump stops are solid, and are shaved to the length you desire... and they are front and rear on both sides... for a firm stop.

Other than that... can't think of a single benefit! LOL!

Sorry for the upside down pic... lol -it was straight when I sent it.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
Yeah... stronger, moves it all higher, and brings it closer to the correct steering geometry. Also the bump stops are solid, and are shaved to the length you desire... and they are front and rear on both sides... for a firm stop.

Other than that... can't think of a single benefit! LOL!

Sorry for the upside down pic... lol -it was straight when I sent it.
Y, I was looking at the steering stops and it appeared they were front and back. So we're essentially talking a very strong comp to a Reid knuckle for a good ~$170 less? Reid pushes the fact that the TR is really overbuild and could be drilled out for 1-ton ends in the future. I don't see Rancho saying anything about that aspect so presume that might be one small difference.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Y, I was looking at the steering stops and it appeared they were front and back. So we're essentially talking a very strong comp to a Reid knuckle for a good ~$170 less? Reid pushes the fact that the TR is really overbuild and could be drilled out for 1-ton ends in the future. I don't see Rancho saying anything about that aspect so presume that might be one small difference.
These are definitely comparable to the Reid knuckles, and maybe Rancho can chime in on this, but I see no reason why the Rancho knuckles can't be drilled to accept 1 ton TR ends as well. Appears to be plenty of material there to work with.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:20 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Thanks for the clarification guys. I have to admit, there are a couple things I hadn't considered before. I don't have hydro....yet....and never really thought about things like how easy it would be to bent/damage a steering stop, and the resulting damage that could do to your u-joints or RCVs.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We haven't drilled one out yet, but that shouldn't be an issue as mentioned beefy.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Thanks for the clarification guys. I have to admit, there are a couple things I hadn't considered before. I don't have hydro....yet....and never really thought about things like how easy it would be to bent/damage a steering stop, and the resulting damage that could do to your u-joints or RCVs.
I skipped hydro, and put in the brand new PSC Big Bore steering box... the sector shaft is much wider, pitman arm is much stronger, and seems to be a great answer if you are not going above 37 inch tires. very happy with the feel of the Jeep on the highway right now! Have not been able to be off road yet... another month... we are still getting snow In the mountains, so no rock crawling for a while.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice write up!
Great to see some options coming out beside the Reid!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunnysideup
I put mine on a couple of weeks ago! They are a great tuff looking product. Having an alignment done this week... because I never have had a shop align my JK, and thought It would be good to do so after so many changes to mine!
What size rims are these, that looks very close?
Old 04-28-2017, 09:20 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by goatee
What size rims are these, that looks very close?
Theses are 16's and they do fit lock to lock without any problems. I am planning on going up to 17s with 37's... but they do clear 16's too!

Quick Reply: Rancho high steer knuckles