JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Rigid led defused pattern (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/rigid-led-defused-pattern-330475/)

Rescue7 02-08-2016 05:16 AM

Rigid led defused pattern

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 636986

Decided to put these on my a pillar as they allow me to see the entire trail. Yes there is some hood glare but it doesn't seem to bother me or affect my ability to see. Here is what they look like with all of the other lights on he jeep off.

arjeeper 02-08-2016 05:52 AM

I have a pair of the Rigid D2 Diffused Floods. I think they're the single best light a Jeeper could buy.

While the huge light bars look cool, and have value, most of us Jeepers are going slow and steady, so it's more important to be able to see a wide and well lit path around our present location--more so than a bright spot a couple hundred yards ahead of us.

They're awesome. The massively WIDE spray of light is great for creeping down a trail, setting up camp, finding lost keys in the dirt, and plenty of other realistic scenarios.

Rescue7 02-08-2016 06:36 AM

^ THIS.

I see a lot of jeeps built for scenarios they will never encounter.

Wakinvol 02-08-2016 07:07 AM

that's very impressive

Kojack 02-09-2016 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rescue7 (Post 4185583)
^ THIS.

I see a lot of jeeps built for scenarios they will never encounter.

I see a lot of people using LED when other lights are better as well! Depends on your desires. I would NEVER put a set of difused lights on my a pillar. The glare would drive me nuts!

I find it funny that this comment was made in relation to lighting meanwhile 90 % of the people with 37s, coilovers etc never use it only on trails my leveling kit and 33's will make it through no problem. Hell even buying a rubicon is a jeep that is used in scenarios most with them never encounter...but hey don't run lights that enable you to see a long way down the road.

Kojack 02-09-2016 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by arjeeper (Post 4185575)
I have a pair of the Rigid D2 Diffused Floods. I think they're the single best light a Jeeper could buy.

While the huge light bars look cool, and have value, most of us Jeepers are going slow and steady, so it's more important to be able to see a wide and well lit path around our present location--more so than a bright spot a couple hundred yards ahead of us.

They're awesome. The massively WIDE spray of light is great for creeping down a trail, setting up camp, finding lost keys in the dirt, and plenty of other realistic scenarios.

uselss for spotting obstacles in the roads/trails ahead, or spotting animals up ahead either. I can use a flash light for setting up camp, or finding keys...>the lights on my jeep are for driving and running long distances in the night....you know, REALISTIC scenarios!.

arjeeper 02-09-2016 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kojack (Post 4186015)
uselss for spotting obstacles in the roads/trails ahead, or spotting animals up ahead either. I can use a flash light for setting up camp, or finding keys...>the lights on my jeep are for driving and running long distances in the night....you know, REALISTIC scenarios!.

Actually, exceptional for spotting on roads and trails in your near proximity when going slow as we typically are in Jeeps. I have them. I know.

Did I say that you should use nothing but a diffused flood? No.

Do you race baja or do SpeedJeep stuff? If so, you're talking about completely different scenarios than me.

arjeeper 02-09-2016 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kojack (Post 4186013)
I would NEVER put a set of difused lights on my a pillar. The glare would drive me nuts!..

On my JK I had mine mounted on the front bumper and each was angles out to the side slightly. Worked well and no glare.

Rescue7 02-09-2016 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kojack (Post 4186013)
I see a lot of people using LED when other lights are better as well! Depends on your desires. I would NEVER put a set of difused lights on my a pillar. The glare would drive me nuts! I find it funny that this comment was made in relation to lighting meanwhile 90 % of the people with 37s, coilovers etc never use it only on trails my leveling kit and 33's will make it through no problem. Hell even buying a rubicon is a jeep that is used in scenarios most with them never encounter...but hey don't run lights that enable you to see a long way down the road.

Perhaps you should make a valid point, or offer up some meaningful experience...

Instead of taking up space on my thread...

These aren't trophy trucks. Redirect this nonsense to the raptor forum.

Kojack 02-09-2016 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue7 (Post 4186114)
Perhaps you should make a valid point, or offer up some meaningful experience...

Instead of taking up space on my thread...

These aren't trophy trucks. Redirect this nonsense to the raptor forum.

I guess your trails are way more closed in and slow than ours. And also I do a lot of highway driving in the night. like 4 times a week 8 hrs. LONG TIME in the dark. The longer your lights go, the safer it is. Diffused on your bumper is fine. I said on the a pillars. The bumper is where they should mounted.