Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Sahara with out running boards.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sahara with out running boards.

Does anyone have a picture. I was thinking of taking mine off.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I get mine back this week, i can post a pic. Still JK less 3 weeks now and counting getting fixed... I'm not having the steps replaced so will be stepless for now...

Look at pictures of an X otherwise, most don't have side steps, will give you pretty much the same look...
Old 10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Should take less than half hour to take them off and see, I took mine off to put on rubi rails and I liked the look, don't have pictures though. I will probably put my steps back on now that I'm done with my trip to Moab.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
JK Junkie

In the spring I plan on buying some rock rails and swapping when I'm going off roading. In town the steps are nice for my wife & kids, plus I like the look, but on the trail, give me a good set of rails. I already have a place on the wall where I'll store whicheve I'm not using at the time so they are up and off the ground when not in use.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any worry about rock chips on the painted flares?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I originally planned to take off my steps on my Sahara and now I really like them. They are just plastic which would not be good for rock protection and I am sure they are only good for stepping up into the Jeep better but they sure do help protect the paint like a giant mud flap running down the sides... I am going to miss them on my Rubicon.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Any worry about rock chips on the painted flares?

Nope. I am planning on them. In fact, i want more of them!

You see, the more scratched up they get, the more it will upset the spousal unit's sense of neatness... Once she transitions into getting upset about the scratched up fenders, and they are getting there....

c'mon scratches!

I can get new tube fenders!
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
I originally planned to take off my steps on my Sahara and now I really like them. They are just plastic which would not be good for rock protection and I am sure they are only good for stepping up into the Jeep better but they sure do help protect the paint like a giant mud flap running down the sides... I am going to miss them on my Rubicon.
Yes and no... my side steps have taken some direct impacts on big rocks, to the point where I thought I was gonna get out of the Jeep and see them lying on the trail... but so far (knock on plastic) they've taken quite a bit of abuse and are still just fine.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the response. I think im going to go with the Rubi rails. My cost on them shouldnt be that bad.

Quick Reply: Sahara with out running boards.