Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me your half doors

Old 05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show me your half doors

I ordered a 2 door rubicon in flame red a few days ago with half doors. I'm surprised how rare half doors seem to be. Back when I owned my TJ (1998) it seems like 50% of the soft topped jeeps had half doors. Now with the JK they seem much rarer.

So show me your half doors. I'd also be interested in hearing your opinion on the loudness of them at speed.

Thanks!
Doc
Old 05-04-2008, 11:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are in luck because I happen to have the exact Jeep that you have ordered. Two-door Jeeps with half doors are rare, and Rubicons are even more so. I've only seen pictures of two others on this site, a silver and maroon one. Yours would be the only other flame red two-door Rubicon with half-doors that I know of besides the one on Jeep's website. As far as the noise goes, it is noticeable but not bad (with the upper half on). I can carry on a conversation on a phone or to a passenger without having to yell. Having the upper halves off while in town or on the trail is great! Anyway, here's a picture of mine. If you want more detailed pictures of the doors or anything else, just let me know.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 PM
JK Freak

Beauty!

I'm so disappointed they canceled the half-doors on '08 Saharas.

When I ordered my '08 the the h-doors were still listed on the website. My '98 Sahara had half doors and I loved the option of being able to remove the tops whenever I wanted. Plus, they're much easier to store than full doors. So naturally I wanted them on my JK.
Alas, it was not meant to be.

But yours looks great. Be thankful you're one of the lucky ones!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:38 AM
JK Freak

cto1 - you rock! Yep that's definately the first flame red rubi I've seen with half doors and it looks great! If you have any more shots laying around I'd love to see them.

I've been in my friends JK with full doors and with the top off you still feel a bit enclosed. Not to mention the fact that the half door just plain look better. After seeing yours I'm glad I ordered them.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Newbie

Here's a couple more close-ups. You are right about feeling enclosed with the full doors. With the upper halves off the door makes the perfect armrest also. One thing I did notice a few months ago when it was cooler is that a strong enough crosswind will push a little bit of air between the two halves and into the interior when going down the highway. It's nothing that turning on the heater can't fix, and I only noticed it when it was a really bad 30 mph+ crosswind. Even so, I think it is still worth it to have them because of both the looks and the versatility.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry it's the same old pic, I need to upload some new ones.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Gunny;479706]sorry it's the same old pic, I need to upload some new ones.

[/Q

OOOpppps...................
Old 05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Freak

Awesome shots guys. Thanks again! I could have taken a full door rubi off the lot, but am really glad I decided to order and wait it out to get the half doors.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I really like the Half doors on the 2-Door models but something about them on the Four Door just doesn't look good to me. I dont know whatit is but i just dont like 4 doors with them, i am sure they are fun as hell though!
Old 05-05-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ewok
I really like the Half doors on the 2-Door models but something about them on the Four Door just doesn't look good to me. I dont know whatit is but i just dont like 4 doors with them, i am sure they are fun as hell though!
Thats cool , to each his own.

Quick Reply: Show me your half doors