Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show us your best mini-mods (mods under $100 bucks)

Old 04-24-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drilled my side mirrors to allow them to drain (free)

50 inch bar with lifetime warranty ($100)

2 pairs of 3x2 led lights ($40)

Phone mount for dash panel ($9)

Ran my phone charger up through my dash and popped it out by my dash pannel where the phone mount is (free)

Pillow stuffing to speakers (polyfill, free from old pillow)
Old 04-24-2015, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Also cut my pinch seam and added a fire extinguisher, collapsible shovel, tow strap, tools, and some other stuff I had at the house. Would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it!
Old 04-24-2015, 11:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nickjk33
Drilled my side mirrors to allow them to drain (free) 50 inch bar with lifetime warranty ($100) 2 pairs of 3x2 led lights ($40) Phone mount for dash panel ($9) Ran my phone charger up through my dash and popped it out by my dash pannel where the phone mount is (free) Pillow stuffing to speakers (polyfill, free from old pillow)
50" light bar for $100?! How did you swing that?
Old 04-25-2015, 09:30 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kweejebo
50" light bar for $100?! How did you swing that?
You can find a bunch of 50"+ light bars for around $100 online (Amazon.com: 50 led light bar: Automotive). However, from the comparisons and reviews I've seen online, you often get what you pay for.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MB_Pathfinder
You can find a bunch of 50"+ light bars for around $100 online (Amazon.com: 50 led light bar: Automotive). However, from the comparisons and reviews I've seen online, you often get what you pay for.
Very true. Been there, done that. Go with a quality light bar from one of the big names. Expensive? yes. But you get the light output that you need rather than feeling that you have some cheap flashlights strapped to your rig with the cheap lights. Rigid and Baja Designs is all I buy now.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GoldenRubi

Very true. Been there, done that. Go with a quality light bar from one of the big names. Expensive? yes. But you get the light output that you need rather than feeling that you have some cheap flashlights strapped to your rig with the cheap lights. Rigid and Baja Designs is all I buy now.
If I could afford a 1000 dollars for a light bar I won't use that often I would. But alas I am a poor college student. If you got the dough definitely go with rigid but for the money and lifetime warranty I can't complain. I would rather have a cheap lightbar that helps light up the night than no light bar at all

Last edited by nickjk33; 04-27-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickjk33
If I could afford a 1000 dollars for a light bar I won't use that often I would. But alas I am a poor college student. If you got the dough definitely go with rigid but for the money and lifetime warranty I can't complain. I would rather have a cheap lightbar that helps light up the night than no light bar at all
Shop Amazon/Ebay for a 300W light bar. They are plenty bright for only being 100-200 bucks. Its the housing that is the cheap part really.
Old 05-01-2015, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blizz

Shop Amazon/Ebay for a 300W light bar. They are plenty bright for only being 100-200 bucks. Its the housing that is the cheap part really.
Exactly. I pulled it apart and put a bead of silicone around the front to seal it off a little better. Had 1 led go out on mine and emailed the company and had a new on at my door in two days free of charge with a free label to return the other one

Quick Reply: Show us your best mini-mods (mods under $100 bucks)