JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Show Your 2016 Mojave Sand! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/show-your-2016-mojave-sand-331280/)

arjeeper 03-01-2016 08:07 AM

Show Your 2016 Mojave Sand!

I was a big fan of the 2011/2012 color "Sahara Tan", but by the time I ordered my 2012, it was no longer available.

Now I see the Wrangler for 2016 has a late-availability color called "Mojave Sand".

It looks darker than "Sahara Tan" but still looks like a very nice color as best as I can tell. The only problem--I can't seem to find many real pics of it on a Wrangler!

Do you have one? Post it up! No photoshop/rendering please.

The Jeep website only lets your build a 75th Anniversary with the color. Doesn't seem to allow other models. Anyone had luck ordering a Rubicon or Hard Rock in Mojave Sand?

Note: this is *not* the 2011 Mojave *Edition* although the color may be the same/similar.

arjeeper 03-01-2016 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic I found on another forum. Seems to be one of the only Mojave Sand pictures confirmed and claimed to be well color-calibrated.

Cutman 03-04-2016 06:44 AM

For some reason I thought this color was like the Copper Brown from last year. But it's not metallic and looks BADASS!!! Much more like Sahara Tan. That and Granite Crystal are my 2 favs of the 16s.

arjeeper 03-04-2016 10:10 AM

Yes, it's a great color! I'm trying to figure out how I can get together an order for one before it (potentially) runs out as an option.

Cutman 03-04-2016 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by arjeeper (Post 4194404)
Yes, it's a great color! I'm trying to figure out how I can get together an order for one before it (potentially) runs out as an option.

While I was looking around on the Jeep website, it would only let me build one as a 75th anny Edition. I'd assume that's not accurate? I think the banks are staying open later than normal this year as well. Sept I heard. Hyper Green is slated for May production. That's usually around the time they stop taking orders to gear up for the new model.

arjeeper 03-05-2016 02:10 AM

From what I understand, Mojave Sand is actually available on all models. The Jeep website build seems to be outdated. I know I've also seen a Sport, Willys, and Rubicon in Mojave Sand so far.

sinisterj 03-11-2016 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was posted today on AEV's facebook page with color matched wheels
Attachment 640333

Mr. Drummond 03-13-2016 05:03 PM

Ordered mine yesterday - or more accurately, grabbed one that is coming in in a few weeks to the dealership.

Just a basic Sport S, hard top, auto, 3.73 gears, connectivity, tow package.

Will post pics when it comes in, but will be in early/mid april.

Jonathan_JK 03-13-2016 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Drummond (Post 4197616)
Ordered mine yesterday - or more accurately, grabbed one that is coming in in a few weeks to the dealership.

Just a basic Sport S, hard top, auto, 3.73 gears, connectivity, tow package.

Will post pics when it comes in, but will be in early/mid april.

Nice!!!!!

Reminds me of the color of Vehicles I used to ride in when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan.

redshift 04-09-2016 05:43 PM

Picked it up 2 weeks ago.

1 Attachment(s)
I ordered it as a Sahara as it will be a DD for a couple of years. Minor lift, tires/wheels, trailer hitch Still need to do something with the grill, but I'm happy with the color. Have received a few complements on the mojave sand color.