Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show your 35's!!!

Old 07-06-2017, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here's another pic of ours since Photobucket is attempting to break the internet.

JK15 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr
Old 07-06-2017, 08:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty happy with the wheel/tire I went with.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9882.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	673015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8521.JPG
Views:	392
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	673016  
Old 07-06-2017, 09:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dmc912
Pretty happy with the wheel/tire I went with.
Cool combination! Yeah, those Anza's were on the list for me build as well at one point. Any upgrades to your Axles? Running 4.88's?
Old 07-06-2017, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKBlackout
Cool combination! Yeah, those Anza's were on the list for me build as well at one point. Any upgrades to your Axles? Running 4.88's?
Thanks man! The bronze looks way better in person than all the pitcures I had seen. Still running the stock axles Dana 30 in front 44 rear with 3.21 gear ratio. Haven't noticed a huge difference because I never really drove my Jeep like a race car. Eventually I will have it regeared its definitely on the to do list.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:14 AM
JK Newbie

Default My 35's on stock wheels with spacers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0384.JPG
Views:	471
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	673089
Old 07-10-2017, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rubicon - After Mods2 (1024x576).jpg
Views:	487
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	673129

Immediately after upgrading to 35s.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by weso
35 " nittos
3" teraflex w/fox shocks

Attachment 656393

Attachment 656394
Building mine toward the same specs, Rig looks awesome!

I'm really stuck on the whole 37's with the 3in. Lift and Flat Fenders. sigh .. the whole 17's on 37 combo is just perfect. So it's Save, save, save for Tera 44's or ProRocks.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:38 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wandell
Here's another pic of ours since Photobucket is attempting to break the internet.

JK15 by Wandell Asbell, on Flickr
That, in my opinion has the perfect stance on 35's.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JKBlackout
Building mine toward the same specs, Rig looks awesome! I'm really stuck on the whole 37's with the 3in. Lift and Flat Fenders. sigh .. the whole 17's on 37 combo is just perfect. So it's Save, save, save for Tera 44's or ProRocks.

Oh boy...

Have you even tested the limitations of your rig? Do you really NEED 37's? Where can 35's not go that you need the 1" inch of diff clearance? You're gonna need a lot more money to run 37's right, and even then if you are willing to cough it up...are you even gonna wheel it to its full potential? Or are you gonna be another one the the guys on 37's running Greens and Blues at Rausch Creek?

You really should ask yourself this before getting in over your head. It doesn't just stop at an aftermarket 44 housing up front. You're going to need quality ball joints, hydro assist, lockers (would be stupid to run open/open axles with such a big tire), adjustable control arms, new driveshafts, a regear, etc...

Plus some beefy steering once you blow the stock crap, upgraded chromo shafts front and rear at a minimum (RCV's upfront is ideal), and then you're going to notice the power loss.

I'm about to make the jump to 37's this year once these 35's are near the end of their life, so don't take this as me steering you away from them; I just want you to know what you're really getting yourself into. It's a lot more money than you think. IMO start with 35's and wheel it, it'll surprise you where it'll go...and it'll make you pick better lines and make you a better wheeler at the end of the day.

Last edited by BoraBora; 07-18-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Oh boy... Have you even tested the limitations of your rig? Do you really NEED 37's? Where can 35's not go that you need the 1" inch of diff clearance? You're gonna need a lot more money to run 37's right, and even then if you are willing to cough it up...are you even gonna wheel it to its full potential? Or are you gonna be another one the the guys on 37's running Greens and Blues at Rausch Creek? You really should ask yourself this before getting in over your head. It doesn't just stop at an aftermarket 44 housing up front. You're going to need quality ball joints, hydro assist, lockers (would be stupid to run open/open axles with such a big tire), adjustable control arms, new driveshafts, a regear, etc... Plus some beefy steering once you blow the stock crap, upgraded chromo shafts front and rear at a minimum (RCV's upfront is ideal), and then you're going to notice the power loss. I'm about to make the jump to 37's this year once these 35's are near the end of their life, so don't take this as me steering you away from them; I just want you to know what you're really getting yourself into. It's a lot more money than you think. IMO start with 35's and wheel it, it'll surprise you where it'll go...and it'll make you pick better lines and make you a better wheeler at the end of the day.
Thanks Bora Bora,

I appreciate the insight, it isn't the first time. Yes, I have been Off Roading for years! Running other makes and other builds, but new to my first Jeep JKU and setting it up to what I will need to do. I have run 35's already. Just like you, you understand what it takes to building up and running larger tire, I'm in the same boat and balancing other builds and hobbies and it's application.

Overlanding is essentially the main build project and we do have an up coming Off Road show hence the sigh - cause YES! I know how much it costs and what I need spend on and install to complete the build, especially for a show.

Thank you for your advice 👍🏼

Regardless, 35's are great too, but for my application, 37's is not a huge addition. So again, it's time to Save, unless we make 35's work.

🍻

JKB

Quick Reply: Show your 35's!!!