Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your Smittybilt XRC armor fenders

Old 11-23-2017, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok Ill travel this road...

I have liked the looks of these fenders since I have first seen them...
A friend of mine was running them and his buddy copied them both on silver jeeps JKUs.
I have a Red Rock Crystal Jeep which to me is more of a Crimson color with metal flake in it..It took a while to grow on me but def has...
I pulled the trigger on a set of full all four fender XRC amour Fenders,...
Then I also pulled the trigger on a set of Poison spyder side armor reason being I wanted a solid side rail not a segment since every time I see them they are not perfectly aligned maybe its my OCD maybe its the fact I bought a set of Poison spyder diff covers and kinda liek the way after painted they show red spiders on black...

I will have to describe to you the look I am going for and how and why if you care continue reading,...or just look at pictures if that makes you happy...

I ordered a set believe it or not from the jeep dealer and got a great price I talked smack and got them lower than anywhere else I could find lets say it was south of 8 for all four fenders,...

I then started to try to get a similar deal on the poison spyder side rails...no go same as if I ordered online however they did agree to eat taxes on them...

Ok Here is my plan and what is being done right now...
First I kept the Black beauty rings (edge Trim) and put them aside...
I then cut the Poison spyders (yes before even installing or anything) by noticing that the smitty builts are in sections and that the front fender actually wraps under the door edge by 1/4th under door to the first seam under driver and passenger doors...

So I did what you see...
I put the poison spyder side rail up and chopped off the added section so they would be able to fit properly.
I have not seen anyone do this yet.

Then instead of painting which until tonight I had not seen the red rock jeep that has theirs painted...but they are smooth...
I am getting the textured Candy Cheery Powder coat that will match my springs. (jeep its on is not mine its my friends).

I am powder coating all four fenders to match springs I am then adding the Black trim rings to fender wells and then I am adding in Powder coated Studs that will also be candy cherry...
On the Poison Spyder side armor I am having them powder coated textured Black like the fenders used to be and also adding the candy cherry studs there also.

I do not run an AM FM ant. so I am using a delete plate the coaters are installing at time of powder coating to delete the hole they shipped with.

I hope you can wrap your head around the way I am doing mine, and even though the jeep painted will be close it will not be textured like mine will be and will not be running the Poison spyder side armor like mine either.

My Jeeps name is Lucille after the bat from the walking dead Pics are all out of order dont know why...

I also included one from the front so you can see Lucille's Eyes also for added measure...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	18-08-410-ALUM-2.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	676199   Click image for larger version

Name:	18-70-010-2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	676200   Click image for larger version

Name:	images.ashx.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	676201   Click image for larger version

Name:	rears.ashx.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	676202   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0821.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	676203  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0824.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	2.46 MB
ID:	676204   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0829.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	676205   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG956378 - Copy.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	676206   Click image for larger version

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	581.6 KB
ID:	676207   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1157.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	676208  

Last edited by Markwhite; 11-23-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default I also changed hoods to the DV8 heat reduction one I love it...

So disregard the hood in first pic...sorry they didnt appear in the correct order I will return when Its complete and update again with pics of final version
I also am now running 35s with spare tire delete American Flag Brake light...just a space filler for now..lol

Name:	IMAG0817.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	676209   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0717.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	3.05 MB
ID:	676210  

Last edited by Markwhite; 11-23-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:17 AM
JK Newbie

Smile Ok here are mine...

XRC Powder coated, Candy Cherry which was what we did the Metal cloak springs in back last spring,
Poison Spyder Side armor plating with center riser...Powder coated to textured Black.
Studs all powder coated trim pieces left Black as they shipped to me.
Ok and here is how it all came out...
It has been really cold here and I have been prepping for Christmas, I will get some better shots in sun and a bunch more angles later after Christmas is past...

Name:	IMAG0991.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	676716   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0998.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	3.09 MB
ID:	676717   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0994.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	676718   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1005.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	676719   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1003.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	676720  

Old 01-29-2018, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default Here are a couple updated photos...

I added side armor plating I will get studs powder coated when I get back to Oklahoma...right now Im working in South Carolina and do not have the time...

Last edited by Markwhite; 01-29-2018 at 02:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Show your Smittybilt XRC armor fenders