Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

smittybilt SRC gen 2 front bumper

Old 04-20-2015, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default smittybilt SRC gen 2 front bumper

Well I finally received and installed my Smittybilt SRC Gen 2 front bumper, great thank you to Scott Wilber at Clevland 4 wheel parts for getting me setup. In my opinion easiest mod to date. Product came packaged in a heavy duty box I could use as a casket and wrapped in some type of foam wrap and bubble wrap. Only had one issue with install either I stripped the nut on the driver side while installing or the nut was bad to begin with. Simple tap and good as gold. Discounting that time total install time was little less than 1 hour using hand tools and light duty cordless impact wrench. The instructions say to drill out the bumper holes and to drill a hole in the crash bar below. I can say on my 2013 this is not necessary. The 1/2' bit went straight through without doing anything and the crash bar bolt hole already exist. I assume there was some change to the design to allow that to work, and no one told the technical writers. The bumper also came with brackets for aftermarket fog lights. I did not need them as I am running the stock fogs. My only two issues I have and one is specific with this bumper is the fact that the fogs stick out of the buckets a little more than I like. The second and applies to most if not all the bumper manufacturers and that is the lack of a routing mechanism for off road lights. a simple hole in the tube work or at least a hole in the top plate to run the wire through.

Interesting thing when I took this photo google goggles picked it up as a bar code.
Old 04-20-2015, 02:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome congrats
Old 04-20-2015, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you
Old 04-22-2015, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

I am about to install mine, along with x2o winch, do you think the winch needs to be installed first or can it easily be installed after bumper is mounted?
Old 04-22-2015, 07:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ljvsnyder
Well I finally received and installed my Smittybilt SRC Gen 2 front bumper, great thank you to Scott Wilber at Clevland 4 wheel parts for getting me setup. In my opinion easiest mod to date. Product came packaged in a heavy duty box I could use as a casket and wrapped in some type of foam wrap and bubble wrap. Only had one issue with install either I stripped the nut on the driver side while installing or the nut was bad to begin with. Simple tap and good as gold. Discounting that time total install time was little less than 1 hour using hand tools and light duty cordless impact wrench. The instructions say to drill out the bumper holes and to drill a hole in the crash bar below. I can say on my 2013 this is not necessary. The 1/2' bit went straight through without doing anything and the crash bar bolt hole already exist. I assume there was some change to the design to allow that to work, and no one told the technical writers. The bumper also came with brackets for aftermarket fog lights. I did not need them as I am running the stock fogs. My only two issues I have and one is specific with this bumper is the fact that the fogs stick out of the buckets a little more than I like. The second and applies to most if not all the bumper manufacturers and that is the lack of a routing mechanism for off road lights. a simple hole in the tube work or at least a hole in the top plate to run the wire through. Interesting thing when I took this photo google goggles picked it up as a bar code.
Mine stick out a bit also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2441269415.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	607720  
Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by c5er
I am about to install mine, along with x2o winch, do you think the winch needs to be installed first or can it easily be installed after bumper is mounted?
I installed my x2o after I installed my bumper. It can be done but it's a pia. If you have help, I would try to mount it first.

Name:	image-1759252359.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	607723  
Old 04-22-2015, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Another picture

Name:	image-2978415912.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	607726  
Old 04-23-2015, 03:51 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, does the winch contact the grill facia?
Old 04-23-2015, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, does the winch contact the grill facia?
The wiring pushes against it just a bit. Could be the way I have cables routed.

Name:	image-3676566840.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	607748  
Old 04-26-2015, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by spysir
The wiring pushes against it just a bit. Could be the way I have cables routed.
Did the supplied battery cables reach the battery? How did you route them?

I have been fighting with the winch install today. Fair lead bolts were too big to fit the bumper. Control box didn't want to bolt up without loosening the crossbars of the winch...

Quick Reply: smittybilt SRC gen 2 front bumper