Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Soft Top Noise Quick Fix

Old 05-28-2019, 08:12 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soft Top Noise Quick Fix

Just bought a 07' JK two door and love it, just up graded to 35x12.50 Nitto Ridge Grappler, Black out AR172 Baja wheels and 4" suspension lift. My issue is my soft top, its driving me crazy with above average wind noise. The source of the wind noise is coming from the front header and windshield, the gap is large and have tried every trick I have researched on this forum, from using weather stripping under the soft top to a variety of ways to putting the top on. I am tapped on cash after putting new tires and wheels and lift, I came up with a very simple fix to the noise issue, gett ready to get out your white trash jokes but here goes. I have a white JK with a black soft top, I took black gorilla tape and taped over the gap on soft top to top of windshield, you cannot see the tape at all and the wind issue is completely gone. The top needs to be replaced which is next on my list but till that time comes this quick cheap fix has worked. Again you cannot see the tape unless you crawl up on the fender or front bumper and are looking for it specifically. I've been through rain storms, high wind, and hail storms and it has held up. So until I can afford new soft top the gorrilla tape will work for now. Weather getting warmer and dryer now and Ill be removing the soft top and wind noise will be a thing of the past but until then this cheap mod has worked for me until new top.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

It sounds like you might have a plastic header instead of the redesigned metal header. Pick up a new header when you put on the new top.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the advice and I'll be checking out a new metal header.

Quick Reply: Soft Top Noise Quick Fix