Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Took Ruby to the Tint Shop Today

Old 02-09-2019, 10:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took Ruby to the Tint Shop Today

Before and after pics. 15% on rear windows, 5% front windows and 5% tint strip on windshield.Yes, I know it's illegal and I don't care. I've had illegal tint on all of my vehicles. I've tinted windshield in the past but it does make it extremely hard to see at night, so I decided not to this time. I also want ya'll to see me wave.

Tint strip

Fresh tint
Old 02-09-2019, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great! I'm about to take mine for tenting. I agree with you on the front windshield. My previous Explorer was tented illegal all around and it was so hard to see out of it at night.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

I agree with you on the illegal tinting. In 30 years or car ownership, almost every vehicle I've owned has had some sort of illegal tint on it. In that time, I've had 1 officer write me a ticket for it. It was a $25 fine. The county I now live in actually checks the tint. Other counties I'd just roll in with the windows down and they'd never even roll em up. This county, that's the first thing they do is check the tint. Needless to say, I roll in to the inspection facility with no top and no doors early in March each year. Sometimes it's a bit chilly.

Quick Reply: Took Ruby to the Tint Shop Today