Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Tuffy Delux Security Deck

Old 08-06-2018, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tuffy Delux Security Deck

I'm interested in buying a Tuffy Delux Security Deck for my 2015 2 door JK. As with many things you can modify your Jeep with there are pros and cons. Before I plunk down $400 I was wondering if anyone could provide some info or feedback on the unit. I’d love to see some pics in a 2 door with the soft top folded down on it and a shot of the space between the back of the box and the front seats. I currently stow my soft doors there and want to make sure there’s room. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have thought about doing the same thing. Some pictures of this install would be great to see and help to decide on pulling the trigger or not.
Old 08-17-2018, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well I guess nobody out there has one so I went ahead and bought it. Amazon had them for $403 but I had $75 in Amazon points from my credit card so it was $328 with free shipping. This shipped from 4WD and I received it next day. I’m totally impressed with that! I swear Amazon will hold orders just to justify Prime membership (which I don’t have) and I’m impatient so this made me very happy. Installation was a breeze. I had read the instructions way before buying so I already had an idea of what I was up against but still it was simple. I had read reviews that people had trouble with the tops wheels lining up and fitting in the base so what I did was leave everything loose until the cover was on. I had one wheel that was not fitting but gently prying the opening a bit and it slid in. Once the cover was in place I tightened everything up.

As with all things you do to your Jeep there are pros and cons.
Pros:
- Feels real solid and secure
- Lots of lockable storage space
- Lid lifts up for access and is easily removed for larger items
- Space between the box and the driver and passenger seats is retained which is important to me for soft door storage. Also I haven’t tried it yet but may be able to store the lid there if I need to carry larger items.

Cons:
- Folded soft top sits a bit higher. Makes my Bestop cover fit tight around the corners of the folded soft top. Hopefully won’t start wearing through
- Harder to get the softdoors in and out. I’m sure I’ll get used to it
- Things can be put on top of the lid but sitting so high I’m going to need to secure them. I plan on mounting some tie downs.
- I keep the back seat out of my Jeep 98% of the time but when I need the back seat there will be more steps to take now. We’ll just use someone else’s vehicle lol

I just installed this today and was pressed for time. I will post some pics later and update on how I like it as I get to use it.

Last edited by Jeep801; 08-19-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did some mods on it Saturday. I had a heavy rubber mat so I cut it to fit the top. The powder coat scratches real easy so I highly recommend covering with something. I used command strips Velcro to attach so I could remove it for cleaning or to change to carpet if I don't like it. I bought 4 tire down loops from harbor freight for $4 and mounted 2 on each side of the box. I also picked up a small cargo net from harbor freight to secure items stored on top. I bought a small magnetic LED light to put in the box as it's really dark in there at night. Got to use it for the weekend and gotta say I'm really liking it. It's nice to be able to put our yeti cooler in there and feel confident it will be there when we come back. It works well with the soft top. Doesn't sit much higher than it did before. It is tight getting the rear window retainer bar in. The biggest draw back for me right now is putting the soft doors in and getting them out. I'm sure I'll get used to it or figure out a better way. Here's one pic. More to come.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well apparently this isn't a popular thread so this will be my last post here. I didn't like the rubber mat so I bought some automotive carpet to match the Jeeps interior and I love it with this. This was a great purchase. The worst of the cons for me is stowing and retrieving the soft doors but having the lockable storage is huge weight off my shoulders.
Old 08-28-2018, 01:42 AM
JK Newbie

I built a similar storage in the back of my 2door, I removed the back seat and used the entire area. I will post some pictures later.
I just covered mine with a diamond plate type rubber mat. and added some footman loops for tie downs. works pretty good. I went to the Smokey Mountain Jeep Invasion
this past weekend and used the lockable storage while at the show and while at some other attractions.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just put one in my 4 door.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for share !
its always good to see options out there and photos of after installation
i prefer my 2 door storage open and just a security chest . But i leave my soft top on full time. , its never been down once in 7 years lol . never had a drop of water in seven years either
Old 09-04-2018, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice to see that the bigger option works well. I had been vacillating and just installed the regular one that goes behind the rear seats on the 2dr. Happy that I went with that choice, but could definitely see the benefits to the larger one for longer trips.

Quick Reply: Tuffy Delux Security Deck