Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lift is done, man do my hands hurt.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift is done, man do my hands hurt.

Just finished installing the Rough Country 4" X series lift, Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizers, JKS quicker disconnects, JKS adjustable rear trac bar, 5 35"x12.50"x15" Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar and 5 15"x8" Black Rock Viper 900B, straightened the steering wheel and bled the brakes last night.

Took about 8 hours off and on, couple of minor issues, but the directions are very clear and the jeep is so easy to work on. I will post some pics soon, it's about 9 degrees today.

The ride is not too bad, it's a jeep, not expecting a lexus type ride.

Definitely alot better than it was.

Totally worth it in my opinion, if anyone has any questions or things that I found out about this kit as far as installation goes, feel free to PM me and I will help out anyway I can.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can't wait to see the pics! I can't believe you did that in 9 degree weather!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cobra69
Just finished installing the Rough Country 4" X series lift, Rough Country Dual Steering Stabilizers, JKS quicker disconnects, JKS adjustable rear trac bar, 5 35"x12.50"x15" Goodyear Wrangler with Kevlar and 5 15"x8" Black Rock Viper 900B, straightened the steering wheel and bled the brakes last night.

Took about 8 hours off and on, couple of minor issues, but the directions are very clear and the jeep is so easy to work on. I will post some pics soon, it's about 9 degrees today.

Totally worth it in my opinion, if anyone has any questions or things that I found out about this kit as far as installation goes, feel free to PM me and I will help out anyway I can.
Any word of advise on installing the JKS trac bar? Doing mine later today after installing my OME lift Friday night. Overall, very happy with the outcome and ride and that is without the trac bars installed at this point! Did you measure both sides (say 19" & 20") and take the difference (1") and adjust your bar by half that measurement (.5")? Thanks!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just did the OME lift with the JKS rear adjustable track bar about a month ago. I used this write up, and it was pretty easy to adjust once I figured out how to take the measurements.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 01-15-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brink2177
I just did the OME lift with the JKS rear adjustable track bar about a month ago. I used this write up, and it was pretty easy to adjust once I figured out how to take the measurements.

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Thanks for the link!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Oh I didn't do it outside. I was in my 3 car garage with a propane heater on full blast. So warm I took off my shirt to keep from sweating to death.

I did the whole lift by myself with only someone to help bleed the brakes, that's including the rear trac bar. Just have to push the body over to get the trac bar installed, but it worked out fine.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cobra69

Without pics...DIDN"T HAPPEN

LOL just joking, can't wait to see!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

To the OP...Did the lift net you exactly 4" or did you get alittle more so when it settles you'll still have 4". Seriously considering oulling the trigger on this kit. The price is very attractive considering how complete it is. Post up some pics so we can see your handy work!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by action.is.go
To the OP...Did the lift net you exactly 4" or did you get alittle more so when it settles you'll still have 4". Seriously considering oulling the trigger on this kit. The price is very attractive considering how complete it is. Post up some pics so we can see your handy work!
The initial measurements came out to 20" give or take. The final came out to 25" give or take, but I'm sure it will settle some. Definitely happy with it. Rolled out of it last night and nearly broke my ankle after having it for stock for awhile.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome! I just got the pro comp 4" lift, and I was going to attempt to self install it this weekend but i'm too intimidated. I've never done suspension work before. Has anyone heard anything in regards to the 4" ProComp lifts quality/ride wise? I'd hate to finally try this and end up putting a crappy lift on.

Post pics?

Quick Reply: Lift is done, man do my hands hurt.