Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner in tub - Shots - Notes - Reference Threads

Old 07-13-2017, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,585 Posts

I revisit this thread from time to time. I pulled the front and middle carpet out of my JKU about a month ago. I've still been using my quadratec floor mats, but i'm getting close to jumping in on this mod and lining my whole tup and rear storage box so it blends in. I'm curious about two things mainly. There seems to be a lot of variance in how much product people are using. It sounds like 4 bottles gets a 2dr done with a couple coats. I'm thinking I might be looking at 6+ bottles to do a 4dr, and then an additional storage "trunk"/sleeping platform that I've built for the rear as I want that to blend in.

Also, saw the comment about air compressor capacity. I have a 15g DeWalt that pumps 5CFM at 90psi. I presume if shooting at ~55psi I might be ok with this.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

In the middle of prepping mine. Hopefully I can shoot it this weekend. Curious for those that have done this.....how did you address the part under the middle of the dash? you can see quite a ways up and through there.....but getting that area lined seems like it would be pretty dang hard without ripping the lower part of the dash out.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

For the TJ, I pulled the center console out and shot up the firewall to where the dash would meet the metal. I've not sprayed the JK yet. 3 bottles on the TJ tub and I could have certainly used another.

55psi is good but you'll want to hold that pressure which your compressor may or may not be able to do. I had to set mine a little higher so when I was consistently spraying it would be at ~46-50ish.
Old 12-19-2017, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by karls10jk
For the TJ, I pulled the center console out and shot up the firewall to where the dash would meet the metal. I've not sprayed the JK yet. 3 bottles on the TJ tub and I could have certainly used another.

55psi is good but you'll want to hold that pressure which your compressor may or may not be able to do. I had to set mine a little higher so when I was consistently spraying it would be at ~46-50ish.
Thanks. I got 8 bottle kit for my 4dr, but I'm planning on doing a storage trunk in there too that flips over to the front, and it has a lot of surface area when accounting for top/bottom/sides. I know someone that had theirs professionally done, and that whole area up under the dash is covered. Wasn't sure if everyone DIY'ing the job got all the way in there or not.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Well, I hit this project last Friday after work. Pretty happy with the results and it sprayed on really easy. This and a couple other Forum threads were tremendously helpful with the tips. There's sure no way getting around all the prep work though. I went a bit overboard taping things, covering, and just about curtaining off the rest of the garage with plastic though....there just wasn't much overspray at all....unless you just accidentally shoot it somewhere. I used 3 bottles on my JKU at 40psi for a rough texture. My 15G compressor worked just fine. I felt like I was putting it on pretty thick, but after 2 full coats I was kinda thinking that everyone had used 4 bottles whereas I had only used 3. If anything, I was almost worried about putting it on too thick, so I just left it at two coats and it is what it is. I think if I was shooting a pickup bed I would have wanted it a bit thicker maybe, but the jeep tub isn't gonna take a beating in the same way, so I think I'll be fine. I will say that I scratched a small bit trying to put the rear seat back in.....ugh. Spousal unit was quick to hit me with "I thought it was more durable than that!"....after she'd been bugging me the whole time with "why are you doing this?". Fortunately I still need to shoot new storage unit I'm having to rebuild, and the tailgate, so should be easy to touch up that spot. I already had the carpet out of mine for several months, so no difference in sound or heat to me.....it just looks so much better. Amazing how much more those ugly seams blend in being bedlined than just painted to match the body. I also chopped off and ground down the wiring pegs in the middle section of the jeep, and routed the wiring looms to run right up against the door, up by the rear door latches, and then tight to the underside of the cargo rail with some nice weaved split loom rather than the cheap corrugated junk.

For anyone thinking about doing this......if you can take your time and do the prep work over a few days rather than all at once, I'd highly encourage this as a DIY. It's not hard, just tedious. I can't really imagine shelling out $700 or so for the convenience of someone else doing this for me. The jeep is an extra ride for me....so being out of commission for 2 weeks while I worked sporadically was no big deal.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking 10 Years Later It's Holding up Great

I would highly recommend this mod after having it for 10 years. Its held up great.
Old 06-13-2023, 06:59 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Gosh, I'm 5.5 years with my bedliner. It's held up nicely, but I ended up putting some bedrug over the front and middle footwells. The bedliner just gets so dirty with my top off all the time and it's just as hard to keep clean looking as that awful carpet. . I have no regrets about doing this though. My cargo area and truck structure look seamless with the bedliner and are often exposed with no top.

Quick Reply: U-Pol Raptor Bed Liner in tub - Shots - Notes - Reference Threads