Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild

Old 04-13-2007, 12:16 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild

Yark Automotive in Toledo. Two of them on the lot.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

i dont like it as much as i thought i would
Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I figured they'd be ugly with the top up, but that's not really what these are intended for.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:26 PM
JK Freak

wow, i'm really glad i didn't get half doors now.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Interesting - I have a mixed reaction as well. Part of me thinks that with the full doors the 4Dr JK doesn't look like a jeep should (what ever that means) when the top is down. Just doesn't have that full open air look. Those pics posted of the half doors and top down looked really nice. It made me wonder if I should have waited.

But, after seeing these pics, I don't think I like it either - at least with the windows on. Just seems like too much in the way of zipper windows. And from a lazy standpoint, I have to admit that the zipper windows (which I have used before) would get old for daily use. Plus, now even more windows to store!

I still feel the answer is a set of soft doors that allow you to take off the full doors in the summer (for those of us where it gets cold) and have the soft doors on to make it easy to take them on and off when needed.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Weird!!!

Take a look at the 3rd Jeep back in that 1st pic. It looks like a 4 door but why does it look so dang small compared to the rest?
Old 04-13-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OBXJK
Take a look at the 3rd Jeep back in that 1st pic. It looks like a 4 door but why does it look so dang small compared to the rest?
The third one back must be up ay a higher elevation, maybe the lot slopes up there. Either that or it s a concept mini lowrider yet to be released.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:48 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by oldschool23
The third one back must be up ay a higher elevation, maybe the lot slopes up there. Either that or it s a concept mini lowrider yet to be released.
If I remember right that 3rd one back is a two door Rubicon. And yes the ground does rise as you go back some.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I give the factory half doors two big thumbs down! I am hoping Bestop hurries the hell up and makes some 2-piece soft doors so we can have some easy and light doors. Oh yeah and price them CHEAP! The ones for the TJ were around $389. Seems like all the JK accessories are much more expensive right now.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by armycop
I give the factory half doors two big thumbs down! I am hoping Bestop hurries the hell up and makes some 2-piece soft doors so we can have some easy and light doors. Oh yeah and price them CHEAP! The ones for the TJ were around $389. Seems like all the JK accessories are much more expensive right now.
The actual window opening part looks like it should be taller towards the top. Will compare this to the two door with half doors. Maybe its just the angle of the photo. Maybe Jeep had negative reaction to the look from the marketing dept that's why its never been shown in any ad , commercial, trade show with the top up on the unlimited with half doors?

Quick Reply: Unlimited 1/2 Door Pics In The Wild