Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Vector Off Road dash mount bar with Ram phone holder

Old 08-28-2017, 03:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Vector Off Road dash mount bar with Ram phone holder

So I installed the Vector Off Road mounting bar and a Ram X Phone mount in my 2011 JK now waiting on the Ram X tablet mount to complete the installation. Word of advice on the Ram Mounts be careful of the glue and apply it on a bench with paper to catch any drips.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ram-vector-dash-mount.jpg
Views:	1917
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	674463  
Old 08-28-2017, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JKMM2011
So I installed the Vector Off Road mounting bar and a Ram X Phone mount in my 2011 JK now waiting on the Ram X tablet mount to complete the installation. Word of advice on the Ram Mounts be careful of the glue and apply it on a bench with paper to catch any drips.
I may have gone overboard with my Vector Dash bar and Ram mounts, but I've seen people do more.

The phone mount has a wireless charger attached to it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dock001.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	689.3 KB
ID:	674464

The thing with green on the passenger side is a solar charger.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dock002.jpg
Views:	940
Size:	707.4 KB
ID:	674465

I do plan on putting a Cobra 25 CB in the center at some point, along with a aux speaker.

The Vector bar and Ram mounts are solid and quality products.

Last edited by akpostal; 08-28-2017 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by akpostal
I may have gone overboard with my Vector Dash bar and Ram mounts, but I've seen people do more.

The phone mount has a wireless charger attached to it.
Attachment 674464

The thing with green on the passenger side is a solar charger.
Attachment 674465

I do plan on putting a Cobra 25 CB in the center at some point, along with a aux speaker.

The Vector bar and Ram mounts are solid and quality products.

My only concern is your tablet over the passenger grab bar as your air bag deploys right under it? I like the solar charger and that to me makes a lot of sense. So far I like mine and is was not hard to install and is much better than the suction cup phone holder I had before. That came loose three times in one day!
Old 08-28-2017, 10:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKMM2011
My only concern is your tablet over the passenger grab bar as your air bag deploys right under it?
I need to relook at that, the passenger side tablet that is. My ZJ didnt have airbags. I wouldnt be opposed to disabling the airbags on my JK.

I think its in the clear though, but I will double check, and take a better picture or adjust the mount..

I like the solar charger and that to me makes a lot of sense. So far I like mine and is was not hard to install and is much better than the suction cup phone holder I had before. That came loose three times in one day!
For the price the Vector Bar is a great product.

The solar charger is a great add on.

I am a big fan of the Ram mounts as you can see in the Jeep. Ive also got 5 around my computer as well. I use the mounts for tablets, for my exterior cameras, email or sharing pictures stuff, one is a wireless charger for my smart phone, and one thats just a mount for charging.

I think the mount for my flare launcher is also a Ram mount, but maybe not, find out that tomorrow.

Last edited by akpostal; 08-28-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by akpostal
I need to relook at that, the passenger side tablet that is. My ZJ didnt have airbags. I wouldnt be opposed to disabling the airbags on my JK.

I think its in the clear though, but I will double check, and take a better picture or adjust the mount..

For the price the Vector Bar is a great product.

The solar charger is a great add on.

I am a big fan of the Ram mounts as you can see in the Jeep. Ive also got 5 around my computer as well. I use the mounts for tablets, for my exterior cameras, email or sharing pictures stuff, one is a wireless charger for my smart phone, and one thats just a mount for charging.

I think the mount for my flare launcher is also a Ram mount, but maybe not, find out that tomorrow.
Do a search on Youtube for deployed air bags on your JK a club member has his Ram mount on the passenger grab bar and that would or could cause a injury and damage the Tablet that was what got my attention when I was shopping for a better way to mount things. Let me know if you find anything.

Last edited by JKMM2011; 08-29-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I moved the mount up a bit so even if the airbag hits it, it will go up and not into the face of the passenger. Ill get pics later. I dont normally have a tablet on the mount, but I dont remove the mount. The mounts are easy enough to adjust.

I cant say enough on how solid the Ram Mounts or the Vector Bar are.

I dont like the grab bar mounts for the reason you've mentioned. With the right Ram mount it could mount a tablet low enough for a navigator and be out of the airbag danger , but would be useless to the driver.

Last edited by akpostal; 08-29-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default Vector bar and tablet mounted

Here is a picture of my Tablet mounted in the Ram X mount attached to the Vector bar, I can still operate my radio and my tablet as I need to.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vector-bar-ram-mount-tablet.jpg
Views:	3874
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	674933  

Quick Reply: Vector Off Road dash mount bar with Ram phone holder