Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

What was done to your JK this week?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zstairlessone

Look it up, most states have a clause in their motor vehicle code - a reciprocity agreement with other states that allows a vehicle that is registered and legal in its state of origin to drive in the other state. This allows people from both states to travel and recreate outside their borders without running afoul of the law. They may write a ticket, but you shouldn't have to pay, just let them know you were out of state and legal in yours. It doesn't specifically tell you which states as they would have to name them all and reaffirm as laws and lawmakers change, but usually says something like:

The sovereign state of (wherever you are) hold a reciprocity agreement with all states that do the same... blah blah blah or words to that effect. You probably can guess the rest
I'm glad you wrote all that! Lol I have been pulled over in other states and they usually just tell me to be careful once they realize its legal here. I'm sure they can still legally ticket you but it will be dropped in court if you call in.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Metal Cloak Lift

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1737675343.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	460638
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4149131237.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	460637  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Installed a factory sub enclosure and added a polk audio sub! Sounds killer and I didn't have to add the spacer....

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3148845310.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	460648  
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Freak

Well,,,, it isn't the same as putting on a Magnuson Supercharger,,, Or mounting 37's,,,,as listed above,, but I did finally get my ESP kill switch installed!! Cant wait for the next trip up,, and down the twisty roads of Big Bear!!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

I know I'm not at the right thread but did a lot of research without success...so this is my questions: what would be a good size of lift to go with 265/70R17 on a stock JK Unlimited Sport and stock Moab wheels. What would be good looking (decent space between the tire and the flare) without having to change for bigger tires.

Thanks to everyone for your help
Old 05-22-2013, 07:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stephane87
I know I'm not at the right thread but did a lot of research without success...so this is my questions: what would be a good size of lift to go with 265/70R17 on a stock JK Unlimited Sport and stock Moab wheels. What would be good looking (decent space between the tire and the flare) without having to change for bigger tires.

You could go with a pro comp 2.5 lift its not big or small and IMO would look ok with stock tires and you have the option to run a 33 or 35 when you want to upgrade...just saying.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

You can run that without a lift. I'd go no higher than 2.5 inches or they'll look pretty small. You can pick up an rough country 2.5 inch budget boost for 140 bucks and you'll be sitting just fine. Very simple installation. If money is no factor, Tera flex has a budget boost as well. It costs a bit more. Folks will argue..but it's a spacer..it ain't rocket science. Hope this helps.

Good luck

Ol' Bob
Old 05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Ol'Bob,, I love your dad's quote ,,,, after I would F- up,, and i said sorry,, my dad said "Don't be sorry,, be right!!" They should have gotten together and gone bowling!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm putting on a similar tire size on my unlimited with a Teraflex leveling kit this weekend. I'll post some pic's.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default xrc fenders

Well i just got in the xrcfenders. Today they will go on I will show pictures as soo as this project is completed. looks like i will have to go up in size in tires.. gonna have to wait till they wear down tho. now the question is the body clad? evo, poison spyder, xrc... so many options

Quick Reply: What was done to your JK this week?