Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Wrap Around Windjammer + other Mods (Pics)

Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrap Around Windjammer + other Mods (Pics)

I ordered the full wraparound windjammer from Bestop, but with the seats up in the Unlimited it would not reach both door surrounds. I took it to a tarp and boat cover manufacturer and had him add 1.5" on both sides. Now it works perfect and stays snugly in the door surrounds. I have been running with it for 3 weeks and haven't had a problem. I also had him add some extra straps that wrap around the top roll bar. Here are pics of the Windjammer...

I also modified my Safari Top to work with my Kargo Master Roof Rack. I cut four small slits in the Safari Top and then had the same guy who did the Windjammer reinforce the area so that they dont rip out. I used the existing Kargo Master Brackets and modified them to bolt right in to the factory roll cage. I still have to rotate the rack and finalize the brackets so that the rack sits a little more level, but here are pics.

I also finally got arround to blacking out the bolts for the Bushwacker flares. I can't believe how much better they look. I should have done that along time ago, anyway here is a pic...

I also recently installed the Fox Racing Steering Stabilizer...I makes a world of difference, but I really need to get the Woods relocation bracket.

Thanks for taking a look at my Jeep. I also really appreciate everyone else that contributes to this forum...I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Last edited by really_good_guy; 04-03-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it looks very very good.. ur jeep looks like it is on roids. (thats a good thing)
Old 04-03-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

i have been waiting forever for that to come out and you already have it. where did you get it and how much did it set ya back? how is it in the rain?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

erm... i didn't know they made one for the unlimited... did you just get the wrap around windjammer for the 2dr and have them add the 1.5" so that it'd fit the 4dr? eitherway, it looks awesome!

also, what size tires are you running? those things look huge even with the bushwacker flares on it.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is that a Pudelpointer riding shotgun?
Old 04-04-2008, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

''HEY BESTOP'' pay attention !
Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Looks great! What kind of rear bumper/carrier do you have on there??
Old 04-04-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Jedi

I thought the wraparound was just for the 2-door? Good idea though. I keep looking at that but don't want to lose the back seat in my 2-door.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re:

Thanks for the reply's. Yeah this is just the Bestop wraparound windjammer that they make for the two door. I just decided to get it and see if it worked for the unlimited. It would work out of the box, but you would have to keep your rear seats folded down. I just took it to a tarp and boat cover repair place and had him add 1.5" on each side...if you look closely at the pics you can tell where he added it as the material is slightly different. After he added the 1.5" on each side + the additional straps he added to wrap around the upper roll bar, I was able to disconnect the seat belts, feed them through the plastic slits as shown in the photos. I plan on running with the tonneau and windjammer all summer and then just adding the bikini top when it rains.

I also had him re-enforce my tonneau (spelling?) cover as it actually ripped when I was trying to put it on. I know others have complained, but that tonneau cover is nearly impossible to get on - I heated it up and everything.

With the extra straps, 1.5" on each side of the jammer, re-enforced tonneau cover, and re-enforced bikini top it came to a total of $130. I know its a lot of money, but I gotta tell you that his work was A+ and he said if I had any problems with fit or function to bring it back and he will fix it for no charge.

It really amazes me that Best Top couldn't just do something like this so we could use it straight out of the box. To anyone else needing a solution to the windjammer problem, I highly recommend doing something like this. Going through the car wash, I do get some moisture inside. Most of it comes through the small gap between the jammer and the safari top -- I am confident that unless I am in a crazy horizontal rain storm the inside of the Jeep will stay dry.

And yeah that is my standard Poodle (Maja) in the front seat, I know everyone will start with the Poodle jokes, but there is a BIG difference between standard Poodles and those little toy "Paris Hilton" dogs.

Also to the member that was wondering about the rear carrier - It is a "Jeeperman" rear bumper + tire carrier.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by really_good_guy
. . .

And yeah that is my standard Poodle (Maja) in the front seat, I know everyone will start with the Poodle jokes, but there is a BIG difference between standard Poodles and those little toy "Paris Hilton" dogs.
. . .
The standards are good dogs which is why the Germans used them to develop the Pudelpointer. I like the hair do.

Last edited by Blue; 04-16-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Wrap Around Windjammer + other Mods (Pics)