Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Wrap Around Windjammer + other Mods (Pics)

Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks tough!! Like the idea of the rack with the soft top.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

This is how I've got mine set up for fall. The seats do sit fully back in their locked positions, but it's a tight fit. I rode around for about 4 days with them back but not locked into position just to give the windjammer time to stretch a bit.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

I like that looks good
Old 01-13-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is that the 2 dr winjammer?
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by crcjk
Is that the 2 dr winjammer?
Not to be an ass, but really??? What were you referencing in this question? Every pic in this thread shows a 4 door....
Old 01-13-2010, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

actually i believe that is the 2 dr windjammer..the 4 dr windjammer isn't a wrap around like that....the guy with the black jk has an old thread on here somewhere explaining exactly how he did it...
Old 01-13-2010, 08:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joneszj
Not to be an ass, but really??? What were you referencing in this question? Every pic in this thread shows a 4 door....
lol Not to be an ass, but the windjammers in this thread are all the 2 door wraparound windjammer.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Yea, they are the 4 door versions, with the slit for the seat belts. At first, I didn't really understand that he was talking exclusively about the windjammer, thought he was asking about the whole top.

The wraparound portion is the same for both, but the 2 door has no seat belt slits. So unless these guys spent however much these cost to get, then slit the tops and installed them, they are the 4 door versions. Either way, they both wrap around the same. And people tend not to use these on 2 doors because they wrap around the plastic door brackets, limiting how far back the seat can go by a great deal. According to the Quadratec guy I spoke with on the phone about this weeks ago when I was considering this set up, the 2 door version has no seatbelt slits.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
... According to the Quadratec guy I spoke with on the phone about this weeks ago
when I was considering this set up, the 2 door version has no seatbelt slits.
I'm sorry, but he's wrong. There is only one Wraparound Windjammer and
it's for the two door. All of these folks that have installed them have either added
material to allow the two door Wraparound Windjammer to fit on a four door, or have
stretched the two door Wraparound Windjammer until it fits. If you peruse (which
means to carefully read, not to scan lightly) the comments with the photos, you will see
that I am correct.

BTW: The slits are there in case you wish to leave the two door softtop pivot brackets
on the roll bar. If you do, the two door Wraparound Windjammer instructions tell you
to take a knife and cut the slits to allow clearance (see step 6 at the link below). They
are not perfectly positioned for the rear seat belts on a four door, but can be made to
work.

Two door Wraparound Windjammer Instructions
Old 01-14-2010, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

x2....like i said above, the 4 dr windjammer isn't a wraparound

Quick Reply: Wrap Around Windjammer + other Mods (Pics)