Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

$100 to spend - What would you buy?

Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $100 to spend - What would you buy?

Got a $100 incentive given to me today, from work and figured I'd see what I could spend it on. My JKU is stock, so I could use anything.

Wife has mentioned grab handles, but I'm either leaning towards mirrors when the doors are off, or some emergency kit.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bfreebern
Got a $100 incentive given to me today, from work and figured I'd see what I could spend it on. My JKU is stock, so I could use anything.

Wife has mentioned grab handles, but I'm either leaning towards mirrors when the doors are off, or some emergency kit.

Any suggestions?
I say go with the grab handles. Anything you can do to make your wife think modding the Jeep is her idea is a good thing.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any suggestions?
Go with some Smittybilt extreme grab handles 1. They are cheap, like $15-$20 2. They are three strap so they don't pinch together and 3. You will have plenty of money left over for something else while satisfying the wife at the same time. I don't recommend a lot of Smittybilt stuff but these have worked well for me

My

Two of my firs mods were Rugged Ridge mirror relocation brackets and Rugged Ridge tail light guards. One is functional and the other cosmetic.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Do both. Get the grab handles for your wife, and then just stop by the nearest Harley Davidson dealer and pick up a basic round left-side mirror (only about $20) - it will bolt right in the door hinge when the doors are off.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

pickup some quadratec floor liners if you don't already have all season-type mats!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrmm get the grab handles and Rugged Ridges new mirros they are only like 69 for a set. then tell the wife " i went a little over budget getting you these grab handles"

it worked for me when i was getting other parts on a budget
Old 06-14-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see zero mods in your description so I don't know if you have anything on your jeep.

Assuming you have nothing, but $100 to spend, I would scour the used items section to see what you can get for cheap. $100 can get you some pretty nice stuff!

For example - I picked up a pair of RE 4.5" lift springs, brand new, for $70 total. There is a lot out there. I bet you could get a used CB system for $50 or so, a complete set of floor mats for $50. I've seen Sahara side steps sell for $100 shipped. Do you have fog lights? A front bumper and recovery hooks could be had for uder $100. Used grab handes are $20 shipped (that's what I sold mine for).

If you only want new check out sites like Quadratek and 4wd.com for nic nack items.

Have fun!!!
Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Grab handles and a Bestop under seat storage box.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any suggestions?
Buy something from Quadratech for $8... pay $92 in shipping profit they'd charge you and there you go... $100...
Old 06-14-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

No mods currently, I've had the Jeep for 2 months. Haven't had a chance to think about what I'd like to get into, eventually it will be new wheels/tires and a lift.....but for now it's just something to spend the $100 on.

Used to be, if I would have been handed the $100, my first thought would have been to have someone watch the kids and take my wife out to dinner. Now first thought was, what could I get to put the $100 to good use, for the Jeep

Quick Reply: $100 to spend - What would you buy?