Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

$1000 below invoice on every jeep in stock

Old 01-27-2012, 04:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $1000 below invoice on every jeep in stock

A local dealer is offering this pricing for the next few days. That seems like a good deal to me, assuming I could find one in stock I like...Its about 4% below invoice on the cheapest Wrangler, and less as you go up.

Thoughts?
Old 01-27-2012, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigcanoe
A local dealer is offering this pricing for the next few days. That seems like a good deal to me, assuming I could find one in stock I like...Its about 4% below invoice on the cheapest Wrangler, and less as you go up.

Thoughts?
As I have some buying/ selling experience, I would also ask for holdback. Thats how dealers make money. They will sell a car on invoice and then they will get big fat check from the manufacturer. I bougt a brand new challenger (six banger) last year with the sticker price of $26,400. The invoice on it was somewhere around $23......after I negotiated the "holdback" I got it for $19,500. Drove it for 3 months and sold it for $22,500.
You just need to do your homework before you buy anything. Just think about it.... if the dealer sells his cars on invoice or bellow, how he would stay in business????.......
Research the holdbacks on google.

Last 12 years I had 29 cars/motorcycles.

PM me if you need more info.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USMCgrunt

As I have some buying/ selling experience, I would also ask for holdback. Thats how dealers make money. They will sell a car on invoice and then they will get big fat check from the manufacturer. I bougt a brand new challenger (six banger) last year with the sticker price of $26,400. The invoice on it was somewhere around $23......after I negotiated the "holdback" I got it for $19,500. Drove it for 3 months and sold it for $22,500.
You just need to do your homework before you buy anything. Just think about it.... if the dealer sells his cars on invoice or bellow, how he would stay in business????.......

Well according to your purchases and demanding holdback at invoice the dealer would make no money. Obviously there is more to it then just invoice and holdback. There has to be some hidden money somewhere for them to make some kind of profit. I got my Jeep for 6% below invoice, I'm sure they had to make a lil something but not much

Last edited by Lotus F1; 01-27-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

You are right. They will not give you all the holdback. They won't let go the Jeep without any profit. Usually I'll let them make about $400 to $500 on me. And again, not all dealers will go for it. I had better chance at BIG volume dealers. They are the ones who needs to get rid of their units before next month alocation comes in.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Also, look for the oldest units in inventory. The dealers are more willing to push out old inventory due to interest payout.
You can figure out the oldest unit by stock number or delivery date.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are right. They will not give you all the holdback. They won't let go the Jeep without any profit. Usually I'll let them make about $400 to $500 on me. And again, not all dealers will go for it. I had better chance at BIG volume dealers. They are the ones who needs to get rid of their units before next month alocation comes in.
Ditto not to mention they can also establish a relationship with new customers and also make money on service.

Some people will overpay and some will underpay...which do you want to be
Old 01-27-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That doesn't seem to be too good to be true... I had dealers in my area give me written offers of $500 below invoice without even trying so I bet they just need to flip some inventory. They will still make some money and you will get a good price. If they have something on the lot you like go for it. I would just get your trade checked by a few dealerships to make sure they don't low ball you on that side of the deal.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn that is the highest holdback percentage of i have ever heard of, thats 15% holdback?
Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am sure there was some rebate money in there somewhere.. either factory to customer or factory to dealer....

Holdback on Chrysler products is 3%.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 23CSP
I am sure there was some rebate money in there somewhere.. either factory to customer or factory to dealer....

Holdback on Chrysler products is 3%.
OK..I have to ask, is this offer for 2011's only? They have them stacked up everywhere since the pentastar came out. I saw a dealer in texas that a whole line of 2011's, and no 12's.

Quick Reply: $1000 below invoice on every jeep in stock