JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   [B]USAA No Longer Offers 1k cash back Incentive for Jeep Wranger....HELP[/B] (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/%5Bb%5Dusaa-no-longer-offers-1k-cash-back-incentive-jeep-wranger-help%5B-b%5D-216735/)

nbnverb 02-02-2012 01:25 PM

[B]USAA No Longer Offers 1k cash back Incentive for Jeep Wranger....HELP[/B]

Just my Luck! :sigh:
First off..Hello all, I am kinda new to the site. I gained allot of info from here and decided to Order my First Rubi Unlimited. (Had a jeep years ago with the inline 6.) I'm currently sitting at almost 10 weeks out on the Rubicon I ordered Early December. I did my research, and decided to go with USAA. Well, They changed their incentives ending Jan. 31st. So guess what...Back to the drawing boards, to find the best deal out there before I walk back into the dealer.
I think Treadlightly and USAA come in about the same price..?? Any Info you guys have on current incentives would be much appreciated, and possibly would help others out there about ready to purchase in early 2012.....
Thanks..and I will keep you guys informed if I find any new info....

btw: It is currently sitting at the "paint" stage.
NbnVerb.

nbnverb 02-02-2012 01:29 PM

Ha...not sure how I added those (bold) tags in the the title...but I did..:thinking: Like I said..New at this...

sacdaddy03 02-03-2012 06:55 AM

Tread Lightly is pretty much the same as USAA without the extra cash. The dealer I went to didn't even won't the recognize the USAA $1,000. We went round & round. Finally I told them no deal. Then they came back & just offered it to me.

livin 02-03-2012 07:06 AM

As I wallked out of my dealer's lot (after signing the paperwork on the 31st) My dealer chased me to my car to tell me that I had qualified for a 1000 dollar incentive from USAA. They told me to call from home with cert. code and they would back date the paperwork and lower the loan. I called for two days before I could reach the finance guy. Needless to say he "missed" the deadline to backdate paperwork, and after 3 hours online and on the phone with him and USAA, there is no more incentive. However logging on to USAA for the certificate sent a zillion jeep dealers my number and an email from my wife... (which she FOR SURE didn't send) looking for a new 12 jeep! Yesterday SUCKED! So, today I am going to talk to the head of finance and see what he can do for me.

Are you sure the incentives were over the 31st! USAA seemed to let me think it was over at the end of 2011!

nbnverb 02-03-2012 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by livin (Post 2829614)
As I wallked out of my dealer's lot (after signing the paperwork on the 31st) My dealer chased me to my car to tell me that I had qualified for a 1000 dollar incentive from USAA. They told me to call from home with cert. code and they would back date the paperwork and lower the loan. I called for two days before I could reach the finance guy. Needless to say he "missed" the deadline to backdate paperwork, and after 3 hours online and on the phone with him and USAA, there is no more incentive. However logging on to USAA for the certificate sent a zillion jeep dealers my number and an email from my wife... (which she FOR SURE didn't send) looking for a new 12 jeep! Yesterday SUCKED! So, today I am going to talk to the head of finance and see what he can do for me.

Are you sure the incentives were over the 31st! USAA seemed to let me think it was over at the end of 2011!

livin,
They extended the incentive to Jan 31. 2012. I spoke to a USAA rep the first of Jan. and was told that the Rep. from Chrysler had told them they were going to extend it, but wasn't sure what they were going to do after that. It looks like they kept selected chrysler products for the incentive, but dropped the Jeep Wrangler....which Sucks for me....
hmmm...maybe I will sell wife...child....pets... to make up the difference. Nah, scratch that, will keep the child and pets.

Dr. Van Nostrand 02-03-2012 09:12 AM

i ordered my JKU on 1/7/12 and on the paper work it has $1000 incentive for USAA and my dealer told me that even if this wasnt applicable at the time of delivery they would still honor it becasue it was in play at the time of my order. I pick up my jeep next saturday so i'll know for sure if they are going to screw me. they better not..

nbnverb 02-03-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Van Nostrand (Post 2829826)
i ordered my JKU on 1/7/12 and on the paper work it has $1000 incentive for USAA and my dealer told me that even if this wasnt applicable at the time of delivery they would still honor it becasue it was in play at the time of my order. I pick up my jeep next saturday so i'll know for sure if they are going to screw me. they better not..

Good luck man....! keep us posted.

livin 02-03-2012 12:57 PM

nbnverb,

Thanks a bunch for the information. This is good information. :thumbsup:

I have the head of finance researching the issue and he is going to call me back.

I'll keep you posted!

Best,
Jacob

grtharris 02-03-2012 01:08 PM

In the Same Boat

Ordered my Rubicon on Jan. 7 , 2012 with USAA certificate in hand. The certificate states it expires on 01/31/12. Keep us posted if anyone gets a dealer and
USAA to honor their cetificate.

Got my Jeep shipped email today so should be hear around the 15th.

nbnverb 02-03-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by grtharris (Post 2830227)
Ordered my Rubicon on Jan. 7 , 2012 with USAA certificate in hand. The certificate states it expires on 01/31/12. Keep us posted if anyone gets a dealer and
USAA to honor their cetificate.

Got my Jeep shipped email today so should be hear around the 15th.

How long did they say it would take for delivery once shipped? The Holiday break must of halted my order. I ordered Dec.9th. Just got the email this morning that the Jeep "has left the plant"....hmmm.?