Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

07 JK auto sway bar disconnecets

Old 12-20-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 JK auto sway bar disconnecets

I have a )7 JK RUBICON and was just checking to see if there are any issues with disconnecting the auto sway bar disconnect and going with something like Anti rock or just going with manual disconnects . I have A 3' lift and the autos won't reconnect til i strap it down also have some issues with the stability controls at the moment any suggestions?
Old 12-20-2014, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re

When I disconnected mine for good(went manual disco) I made sure to cover all the connectors on the harness with a water proof sealent, plastidip dunk stuff, just brushed it on,so nothing would short out the rest of the circuit,,
Old 12-20-2014, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

last time we went wheeling the stability control and traction control light have been on and cruise control doesn't work all the time.
Old 12-20-2014, 02:48 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by HEDFIXR
I have a )7 JK RUBICON and was just checking to see if there are any issues with disconnecting the auto sway bar disconnect and going with something like Anti rock or just going with manual disconnects . I have A 3' lift and the autos won't reconnect til i strap it down also have some issues with the stability controls at the moment any suggestions?
Did you install adjustable swaybar links? If yes, it sounds like adjusting the length of the links may fix the issue. Another thought is that the body and axle have to be parallel (usually by being on level ground) before the e-disco swaybar will engage. If the lift has a tilt to one side, it won't engage normally.

You probably already know this, but the front sway links should be longer with a lift that has longer shocks so that the links don't go over-center and bend stuff at full droop.

Last edited by Mr.T; 12-20-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: 07 JK auto sway bar disconnecets