Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

110" 2 door JK

Old 07-22-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110" 2 door JK

I saw this pictured on Burnsville Off Road's site, thought it was pretty interesting......

I wouldnt buy it - love my 4 doors!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:22 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That just looks weird to me. I didn't like the TJ Unlimited. I don't get the reason for this one, though. Take away the utility of the 4-doors?
Old 07-22-2007, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah if I wanted a 2 dr, I would get one and stretch it. Stretched TJs look pissed off, and I bet a stretched JK would be just as mean.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

The intermediate wheelbase would be nice and I prefer that over a regular 2 door, but I would rather have the 4 door. That seems like a lot of work, because I haven't seen anything that would convert to that easily.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like it.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

i do like it but i almost want to say "why?". I Understand the longer wheel base thing for climbs but why not just have the 4 door instead of lots of back seat leg room and the hardest time getting back to it?
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJerm
i do like it but i almost want to say "why?". I Understand the longer wheel base thing for climbs but why not just have the 4 door instead of lots of back seat leg room and the hardest time getting back to it?
Interesting the different point of view here.

I think that you see a 2dr with the seat pushed back for extended legroom...
...Whereas I see a 2dr with the rear seat in the same spot, but an extended trunk. (which actually would fit my needs perfectly)

*L* it just struck me odd is all about the perception thing.

Either way, i like it, the little bit of extra space would work well for me, I just cant get into the whole 4dr thing for myself. I dont know exactly why, maybe just my desire to remain youthfull and have my sporty 2dr convertible? *shrugs*

I like them overall, and I like the room in the 4drs, but they just dont do it for me. *sigh* maybe i am old.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I gotta go with Happy on this one, out of the 35ish cars/trucks I've owned I've only had one four door, my 94 Cherokee. And that is the only thing I don't like about it, those damn two rear door. Still looking for a 2 door Cherokee...

I like the extended wheelbase 2 door. Would fit what I need nicely. I took the back seat out of mine a week after I got it, bagged it up, and haven't needed it since. Saves me gas too ya know, weight savings and all that.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
I saw this pictured on Burnsville Off Road's site, thought it was pretty interesting......

I wouldnt buy it - love my 4 doors!
Once the girls are grown and out of the house/pockets. I think a two door like that would be great for the wife and I. I think along the lines of Happy when I look at it. more "trunk" room. I have had a couple of times I wished I had rear half doors when I put the seat down to haul something with doors off. Of course I would buy a Jeep truck if they had one that was just a front set of buckets if it still had removable doors, a roll bar for the cab, and removable top.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks pretty cool to me!

Quick Reply: 110" 2 door JK