Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2 year old in a toy store

Old 09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Hefavitzen

Default 2 year old in a toy store

I stopped by my local chrysler/jeep dealer to view the new JK (this is killin me). I rolled up in my beat up Ranger.

I said, "Got an 07?"

Dealer said, "Nope. Never got it off the truck."

I said, "huh?"

Dealer said, "A guy saw it on the truck on the interstate, followed the truck here onto the lot and before the truck could get parked, this guy was running beside pointing up to the only JK on the truck hollering, "Thats mine! Thats mine!" like a 2 year old in a toy store."

The dealer had hoped to have it on the lot a few days so they could show it to folks, but it didn't get onto the tarmac before it was sold!!!!

Ugh...I am waiting till next year anyway when the diesel comes out. I need better milage than 20mpg

My old CJ got about 10. I dunno what it would have gotten if I'd had a top for it. The new one will have both tops...I hope.

Last edited by Hefavitzen; 09-28-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen one last here for more then a couple days. We were out buying cars from the Jeep lot here the other day and I was shooting the poop with the sales manager. He said they have all gone for sticker. Mark up is only like a couple grand on Jeeps anyway. But people are jumping all over them.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Hefavitzen

I found another local dealer who had ONE 4 door in that olive color that is an automatic and .....wait for it....

wait....

wwwaaaaaiiiiiiitttttt.....

OH!!!! 4X2!!!!!

He said that he got 5 in and had sold 4 so far. He had sold them in 3 days and he figures that when March hits and his lot is full of them he'll STILL have 2006 models ESPECIALLY the Unlimiteds.

Ouch!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 04:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

theres a dealership near me here in st. louis, mo that has had a black sahara on the lot for almost 2 weeks. Sticker on it is 27000, and has both tops also.
Old 09-29-2006, 04:36 AM
Hefavitzen

WOW! Desire must be regional!

Well, if any one decides they would like a 2006, maybe you should shop Charlotte, NC! Probably get a good deal.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:15 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

If I didn't already have a hooked up TJ, I would be all over an 06 Unlimited Rubicon. 10-20 years from now, I'll be they'll be highly desired like 84 CJ7's are today.

As far as 2 year old's in a toy store goes, I kinda think that'll be me as well
Old 09-29-2006, 05:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Both dealers near me that have one (X 2x4 in Red Rock and Sahara 4x4 in Rescue) have told me they aren't for sale. They are taking too many orders from people stopping by to look at them.
Old 09-30-2006, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

The dealership in Bloomington had one that they sold the second day, and my home dealership, which is huge, went through ten in the first week.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

I agree with desire by region comment. I jumped on the one I have like a grenade in a foxhole. It was being test driven while I test drove the other one on the lot. I think the guy ran into financing issues or was trying to whittle the price down some more since he appeared to be talking numbers when I came in. By the time we were gettin serious, it was back out font again, so we jumped on it. Dang if the other one hasn't been there for three weeks. I wouldn't have thought it would last 2 days. Go figure. Probably the high rolling types around here are ordering Rubi's with nav systems for thier 16 year old daughters to drive to the mall.

Quick Reply: 2 year old in a toy store