JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   2007 JKU X w/ 88660 mikes for $8000 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/2007-jku-x-w-88660-mikes-%248000-335577/)

jenner307 07-19-2016 01:19 PM

Stationed in Germany. Found someone selling a 2007 JKU with 88660 miles for $8000. Ran the car fax and came back clean. However it doesn't have any data after 27k miles. I assume it came to Germany soon after that. The individual is PCS'ing to Italy in early August. Wondering what I should look for In the case it has some major issues. He stated the soft top leaks a bit and has removed the carpet because of that. This seems way too good to be true. it is a 6 speed. Please let me know your thoughts.

Greep 07-19-2016 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by jenner307 (Post 4233092)
Stationed in Germany. Found someone selling a 2007 JKU with 88660 miles for $8000. Ran the car fax and came back clean. However it doesn't have any data after 27k miles. I assume it came to Germany soon after that. The individual is PCS'ing to Italy in early August. Wondering what I should look for In the case it has some major issues. He stated the soft top leaks a bit and has removed the carpet because of that. This seems way too good to be true. it is a 6 speed. Please let me know your thoughts.

A Carfax only shows what's been reported. I would ensure that it hasn't been totaled, flooded out, stolen 😳
I think your gut instinct is probably right... Too good to be true. Or you're the luckiest SOB on earth!!! ;-)

Chuck-The-Ripper 07-19-2016 05:58 PM

Guys always sell shit cheap when they leave Germany. It's not too hard to give it a good look over, if everything checks out, jump on it. Worst case scenario you paid 8k for woods beater..

Gman*2007 07-20-2016 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4233150)
Guys always sell shit cheap when they leave Germany. It's not too hard to give it a good look over, if everything checks out, jump on it. Worst case scenario you paid 8k for woods beater..

^^^ This. Welcome to the forum.

rob_engineer 07-20-2016 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4233150)

Reminds me of when my Marine son was getting deployed to afghan. Next to the barracks in LEJeune they placed large dumpsters. The whole battalion spent hours throwing away so much good stuff. Their focus was on the deployment. Anything they could not take with them to afghan or did not have time to move to a storage unit was thrown away in the dumpsters. It was a crime to see all the perfectly good stuff get trashed. Desks, chairs, boots, backpacks, cleaning supplies, etc.

Jonathan_JK 07-21-2016 05:24 PM

There is a possibility it won't pass German inspections. This was a problem when I lived on Ramstein AFB. The Germans have some weird safety stuff in their inspections. Worse case scenario it won't pass you drive it on base only and have Uncle Sam ship it back after your tour over there. Still a great deal no matter what.