JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   2008 Jeep Wrangler Four Door (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/2008-jeep-wrangler-four-door-18313/)

gifford888 10-17-2007 02:15 PM

2008 Jeep Wrangler Four Door

I'm in the process of nailing down my options and ordering one and here comes...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/071016/auto_...ance.html?.v=1

I know that Jeep's reliability as a brand is very poor but Consumer Reports has just predicted (based on previous years) that the 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 door will be the "least reliable" in the class of "Small SUV" - a class that includes MANY vehicles... kinda takes a little wind out of my excitement of getting one...

Makes me feel kinda like

:puke:

about spending $30,000 on one...

Thoughts?? And please don't kill the messenger! This site has been a GREAT resource as we've been researching this vehicle for the past few weeks before ordering. Thank you to all for the info!

CARGUYS 10-17-2007 02:27 PM

Do You Believe

10 THINGS BEFORE JEEP 1) Have you ever owned a JEEP before?
2) do you believe everything you read
3) with 1000+ new orders a day, I think this speaks for its self.
4) the 07-08 Tundra is not fairing well either, and we all know how tuff it is(TV)
5) 2007 was the first year for a brand new JK, there's always quirks.
6) have you driven a JEEP ?
7) buy it as a need or a want, remember often imitated, never dupilcated.
8) do you want a JEEP?
9) why ?
10) ONLY IN A JEEP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

GOOD LUCK

saltman 10-17-2007 02:27 PM

consumer reports is not accurate information. If you read their circles with any knowledge of a vehicle line they make no sense what so ever. I would go so far as to question whether they get paid to place one vehicle above another.

That being said. The Jeep Wrangler is completely undependable and inhabitable for a road vehicle. It's more like a tractor with a tent on top. Don't buy one to haul the kids or you will be severely disappointed.

In fact don't buy one unless you enjoy working on your vehicle. Because you will be all the time.

I LOVE my Wrangler. It's my 4th.

okiedirtJK 10-17-2007 02:33 PM

If you would be happier with a Honda Element...go for it.

I love my '07 Unlimited. No problems at all. I had a YJ and a TJ before the JK and they both were stone reliable. Remember, if it were up to Consumer Reports, we'd all be driving something like a 4 door, V6 Taurus.

Lucas718 10-17-2007 03:02 PM

Take a Honda Element off-road and then tell me how reliable it is.

gifford888 10-17-2007 03:57 PM

You guys make some good points... I've owned a lot of cars... I've had a very reliable Toyota Corolla (sold it in less than 2 months) - leased the newer Toyota Sienna (turned it in 1/2 way into the lease as I HATED IT!) - thinking back to my favorite cars - a 1983 Mercedes - a 1963 Ragtop Impala - a 1964 Hardtop Impala - Beetle TDI - my favorites and I'm sure not the best values/most reliable by far... just hate to see the Jeep "dead last" - and contrary to Saltman - Consumer Reports data is dead on - I was a member for over 10 years - the surveys are easy to read and make perfect sense - they are 100% objective players (maybe you're thinking of Consumer Guide - they are a joke!)

And for the record - I don't want an Element! But I'd rather drive one off road moreso than onroad only in that fewer people would see me offroad! :)

jeepthrill 10-17-2007 04:11 PM

who's the new guy talking sh** about the JK on a JK forum? :nono:

gifford888 10-17-2007 04:23 PM

Who's the old guy playing the old tune "Hear no evil, See no evil"... do we have a member here from Red China??? :sad2:

Isn't this board about helping each other / sharing knowledge?? With this exception, I've read so much great info from great members here! Like I said in my original post, don't kill the messenger -- I want in -- I want to buy a Wrangler -- but I do not want to make an uninformed decision either -- it's ok to look at all the data for the love of Pete!

oldschool23 10-17-2007 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by gifford888 (Post 207713)
do we have a member here from Red China??? :sad2:

Probably do.....

Beijing Jeep produced already?
Published by Ashley August 3rd, 2007 in Beijing-Benz DaimlerChrysler Automotive and Chinese Car News. 1 Comment

We heard today from the Chinese motoring press that the Beijing Military jeep named, ‘The Warrior’ has already come off the production line. The second generation Beijing Jeep for military use, and possible future civilian purchase looks a lot more rugged than the previous 2020 Jeep which was pretty much a Soviet Russian-come-USA Jeep Wrangler type vehicle, they still remain popular in China with offroaders and expats who want a Wrangler, but cant afford one.

China Car Times saw a ‘Warrior’ Jeep a few months ago on the road, and we have to say, it doesnt look as cool as the original 2020 we find it to be an odd cross of all national defence vehicles, you can see hints of the Landrover Defender, the Humvee etc all in one jeep. Still, it comes with a CD player and probably runs better than the original.

If you want one for civillian use, you’ll be able to get it for yourself in the first half of ‘08.

http://http://www.chinacartimes.com/category/beijing-benz-daimlerchrysler-automotive/

08JK 10-17-2007 05:04 PM

Regardless Of What Consumer Report Said...

This is my 5th Jeep wrangler and proud of it.... You gotta own a Jeep to appreciate it. :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup: :yup:

inajeep 10-17-2007 05:13 PM

I've had two YJs that had only one problem with the '93 clutch that was fixed under warranty and no problems after that. The current '03 TJ I've had has never been in for service and has only had a failed battery. Not a Jeep related failure in my mind. I believe they are reliable and had zero real issues in the 14 years I've owned a Wrangler.

bbkoz 10-17-2007 08:06 PM

I wouldn't draw absolute conclusions from consumer reports reliability ratings. Their weighted ratings are not exactly a simple random sample of vehicle ownership reliabiltiy. It's also a point in time analysis. A vehicle that rates poorly now could increase. As I am a longtime subscriber to CR, I have seen many vehicles up their ratings over time.

I've owned a couple of trucks, 95 Nissan x-cab v6 truck, that was once rated below average and on their avoid used car buying list. This worried me when I had a clunk coming from the rear axle when backing up, but found out the dealership did not add the Limited Slip additive. By the time I sold the truck it was rated above average, and on their used car recommended list. The Same thing happened with my next truck, a 97 Toyota T-100. There was an issue with the head gaskets that mainly affected 95-96 models, and same year tacoma's, but it caused my 97 to be rated well below average at one-time, only to jump to well above-average one year later in the next april issue.

All I'm saying with this long diatribe is that you are doing the right thing and coming here, and other forums to find out from owners of the vehicle your interested in. Not only relying on the media, or someone trying to sell something.

P.S. I've had a 2007 2 door X that I traded for an 2008 X-Unlimited. Both have had minor issues, but no more than I had with a new Toyota Tacoma in 2002. I still like my truck, but I love my Jeep...

hisz06herz71 10-17-2007 09:48 PM

Make it your's

If you want to make the vehicle all you, you can do it with the JK. Not too many options to pick when you order it but so many choices after its yours. Don't forget the LIFETIME WARRANTY. If you want a vehicle everyone else is driving go to GM at get it with 100K warranty. Remember, you can't pull the top off of a Tahoe, H2 or H3. You can't pull the top off of a Toyota CJ or a Ford Explorer. You can still find a low mile 2000 - 2002 H1 Hummer on E-Bay for
$40K to $50K.

I shopped 25 dealers on the west coast in May and June and wasn't willing to pay more than MSRP. for an '07. Afterall it would have been a 1 year old used car by now. I ordered my '08 Rubicon in Reno Nevada. It was an internet purchase and they honored their Costco Discount Program.

Matador 10-18-2007 04:27 AM

That Consumer Reports is no good...I looked at it too! If you are worried buy an extended warranty. The price of a JK with a 7 year warranty will probably be the same as any other SUV.

"Consumer Reports ranked predicted reliability of 2008 models based on survey results from previous years. Here are the magazine's two best and worst picks for predicted reliability in each segment:"

So they wouldnt have even had a full year to test it or to get feedback. It also states predicted reliability. They are making predictions from what? This was the 1st year.

I researched all kinds of vehicles and I work in the Auto industry. There is no vehicle that even compares to the JK. Yes, you dont have the fancy plastic covered doors and you cant opt for leather but where can you buy a Convertible SUV, where can you drive that other 4x4's cant, will you get the Jeep Wave? etc etc....the list can go on.

Dont forget with most other SUV's out there they don't have 4x4, most of them now are AWD. BIG DIFFERENCE! The Ford Escape you cant even turn on the AWD it turns on when the wheels start slipping.

I have always wanted a Jeep ever since I was a kid and I just ordered my 1st Jeep.....still waiting.....I can't really say PATIENTLY waiting....since it is driving me freakin nuts!

I am sure when I find out my delivery date I wont be able to sleep...I will be like a kid on Christmas eve!

Littlejon 10-18-2007 04:28 AM

Once i get my new JK it will be my third Jeep. In the past my Jeeps have not been as reliable as the Toyota's I have owned, and every car has it's problems, and that is what a warranty is for. I have yet to see any other vehicle as versatile as the new Wrangler Unlimited's, or with as many customization options available. It is not a vehicle you get just to leave the top on all year round, and drive down the highway, it is a special purpose built vehicle and needs to be looked at that way.

whatroads 10-18-2007 04:59 AM

Consumer Reports has no business evaluating any off road vehicle. They should stick to what they know. Electric razors.

moun10eer 10-18-2007 05:00 AM

This is my 2nd "Wrangler" and 4th Jeep brand ('88 Cherokee and '05 Liberty). I've never had any major problem with any of them. My JK has over 13,000 miles and no problem whatsoever. '05 Liberty (my wife drives mainly) has over 61,000 miles and never had any problem. Both '03 Wrangler and '88 Cherokee (bought it used) had over 150,000 miles and never had major problem. Never had break down with any of the Jeep. Other than regular check-up and replacing wear-and-tear parts, I've never paid any extra to fix them.

I'm Japanese (born and raised in Tokyo - I've been in U.S. for over 16 years, almost half of my life though), but love Jeep more than any of the Japanese cars. I'm sure that Japanese cars are more refined (quieter, more fuel fuel efficient, better paint job etc.) but Jeep (I mean JK, TJ, CJ etc.) is definitely more fun to drive on or off road!

Lucas718 10-18-2007 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by gifford888 (Post 207713)
Who's the old guy playing the old tune "Hear no evil, See no evil"... do we have a member here from Red China??? :sad2:

Isn't this board about helping each other / sharing knowledge?? With this exception, I've read so much great info from great members here! Like I said in my original post, don't kill the messenger -- I want in -- I want to buy a Wrangler -- but I do not want to make an uninformed decision either -- it's ok to look at all the data for the love of Pete!

I know how you feel. I registered here in March but I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. I spent months researching and reading. At any point during those 7 months I was going to get a JK, a 2-door JK, an '08 Liberty, a Nissan Xterra, a Ford Escape - but what I realized is that the 4 door JK is the vehicle I wanted all along.

Sure I got nervous reading about the stall bug, missing paint, leaky hard tops, leaky soft tops, cheap interior plastic, easily dented doors, rusting door hinges, floppy hoods, and probably a hundred other complaints I'm forgetting. Bottom line is that I knew I wasn't going to have ALL of those problems, and so far haven't had any (knock on wood). I also purchased the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty to help ease my mind.

Now that I have it, it's a great vehicle. I love it, and don't know why I held out so long.

racer83l 10-18-2007 05:12 AM

Ive owned 2 Jeeps in the past... neither of them had any significant problems..

Then I bought an Acura that consumer had ranked extremely high as for reliability.. and guess what, I had problems with it.. It leaked like crazy, had to change the heated seat elements about 3 times, the transmission didnt shift correctly, kept warping rotors (but the pads lasted me 70K miles), passenger window motor crapped out.. warranty was over and so was my relationshit with my 2005 Acura TSX..

Back to the Jeep I go. You definetly cannot believe everything you read.

If the Jeep does have problems at least its relatively easy to fix and they dont try to charge $125/hr at the dealer.

EDIT: Go to tsxclub.com and go to problems and fixes..... every car out there has a lot of problems.. obviously when your at a forum you can read them all.. half the posters on here only post problems.

And that Toyota FJ.. The sheet metal is ripping apart on it from mild to moderate wheeling actually even grocery getting FJ's r having the problem

Every car has problems... get what you like.

Lorrel 10-18-2007 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by saltman (Post 207612)
consumer reports is not accurate information. If you read their circles with any knowledge of a vehicle line they make no sense what so ever. I would go so far as to question whether they get paid to place one vehicle above another.

That being said. The Jeep Wrangler is completely undependable and inhabitable for a road vehicle. It's more like a tractor with a tent on top. Don't buy one to haul the kids or you will be severely disappointed.

In fact don't buy one unless you enjoy working on your vehicle. Because you will be all the time.

I LOVE my Wrangler. It's my 4th.

I agree with the first part of your post, however I believe the rest is a bunch of crap.
The JK Unlimited is a very dependable vehicle, and very on-road worthy.
We traded the wifes 99XJ in for a 2007 "X" model back in Dec, and she's been loving it ever since.
Last winter, it handled the snow better than her XJ, and feels more stable on the road at highway speeds.
Matter of fact it appears to have more room than her XJ.
As far as working on it all the time, the only work I've done to it was installing the AEV front bumper and a few other minor mods.

saltman 10-18-2007 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lorrel (Post 208140)
I agree with the first part of your post, however I believe the rest is a bunch of crap.

although those statements were sarcastic I do think that is somewhat true. Yes the JK is road worthy. more so than any other Jeep Wrangler to date. It's almost civilized with power windows, etc. All three 4 liters I had before this got to 200K before they were sold. NO repairs other than common maint. My 2004 Rubi had 36K before it was totaled. I would say it has been my experience that mechanically Jeeps are extremely dependable (if you put up with non-critical leaks, etc.) It's the gadgets and interior components (of which JK has quadrupled from previous models) that don't last compared to other vehicles. You're likely going to see every electronic item in the JK will become unreliable and break after 6-9 years. Is that to be expected?? I don't think so. You're going to see seals, etc. deteriorate much faster than other vehicles. Of course that's all speculation. Based on experience.

okiedirtJK 10-18-2007 06:41 AM

Every problem that crops up in the JK is going to be reported here. Not many will take the time to report that another week went by and nothing broke.
Try to find the "Honda Element" forum. While driving an Element, I wonder how many Honda waves you might get? For all it's utility, the Jeep is not an appliance. It's about enthusiasm, and passion for a vehicle that is definitely out of the mainstream.

The worst vehicle I've ever owned, bar none, was my wife's Lincoln LS. It's the only car that has stranded me by the side of the road in the last 25 years. In comparison, my old YJ was a rock of reliability and cost 1/3 as much.

PhirstJeep 10-18-2007 06:53 AM

Love my JK

As the username indicates, this is my first Jeep. AND I LOVE IT!!!:D

My last two vehicles were a '95 GMC Yukon and a '99 Chevy Tahoe. I took both of them off road on some mild Colorado trails. I had both of them in DEEP snow in the Colorado winters. I thought they were pretty impressive, especially when you consider the smooth ride on the road. BUT, I must say that I've been VERY impressed with my JK.

On the road, it handles, well...like a Jeep (I have several friends with TJs so I have something to base this on). However, I feel the unlimited is much smoother than the previous wrangler models.

Off road, ITS A BEAST...stock. I've had my JK in some challenging terrain in Colorado and Moab and soon hugged the puppy after it crawled out of those situations...again, stock. I don't think there is another stock vehicle out there that can go toe-to-toe with our JK.

I've had no isssues to date with my JK, (~8300 miles in 8 months), except for some freedom top noises, a couple leaks, but these are things that we can work out.

I love my JK so much that (like so many others on this forum), that I'm saving my pennies to take this JK to the next level with some sweet mods. My wife thinks I'm a little too in love with my JK, but she'll learn.;)

Good luck with your decision. I'm soooo happy that I'm a new member of the Jeep family (and will be for years to come).:yup:

possumface 10-18-2007 09:57 AM

ive owned 2 jeeps in my life and i would rather drive my jeep on the highway then wife's bmw so as far as good on the road they are great. the old cj7 wasn't very good on the road but we are talking the jk so i would say it rides as well as any pick up truck. don't care what those commie pinko's say at the ratings sites.:eek2:

seer1 10-18-2007 12:46 PM

This is my third Chysler product in a row and I'll rate them comfort wise against any vehicle on the road. I am a very picky driver and most vehicles make me homicidal after about two hours in them. Not so my Dakota, Pacifica and now my Unlimited. I have had no problems with them that couldn't be fixed except a certain Dgo dealership. No not the Jeep dealership here. To buy a auto of any kind, particularly first year and expect perfection is a pipe dream. All auto mfg's will put out a few lemons, all Forums will have a tiny number of people who live to complain and a huge majority of people don't say much when things are going well. Rent a Jeep, drive it for a while and see what you think. Don't just let the negative comments stick in your brain and don't mistake opinion for fact. A huge majority of owners are very happy with their purchase.

gifford888 10-18-2007 12:59 PM

Many of the points have been GREAT -- THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS!! I've been working with a dealer today via email -- I still am a bit confused on a few things as this is my first Jeep (first truck) :crazyeyes:

I'm thinking of going with Sahara instead of the X -- has lots of the options I want - has 18" wheels -- has YES fabric... thoughts about the Sahara vs the X??? This Jeep will see very little off road time.

Any thoughts of city/highway driving having the 16" vs 17" vs 18" wheels

Any Thoughts about the YES fabric? Much better than the standard cloth?

The one they have is equipped pretty darn close to how I want it but the color is Jeep Green -- I want Rescue Green -- I'll even take comments about this! :D

Thanks again to all!!!!!!

yetibear 10-18-2007 01:07 PM

it only makes sense......JEEP green. Why would they call it that:thinking: if it was not the correct color choice?:yup:

zero2krazy 10-18-2007 01:55 PM

This is my third Jeep but my first Wrangler, and I wouldnt give mine up for anything. "From my cold dead hands" is the only way someone is getting my Wrangler. .

inajeep 10-18-2007 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by gifford888 (Post 208616)
Many of the points have been GREAT -- THANK YOU TO ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS!! I've been working with a dealer today via email -- I still am a bit confused on a few things as this is my first Jeep (first truck) :crazyeyes:

I'm thinking of going with Sahara instead of the X -- has lots of the options I want - has 18" wheels -- has YES fabric... thoughts about the Sahara vs the X??? This Jeep will see very little off road time.

The one they have is equipped pretty darn close to how I want it but the color is Jeep Green -- I want Rescue Green -- I'll even take comments about this! :D

Thanks again to all!!!!!!

The sahara had all the options I wanted plus what I added. I'm not a big fan of the painted flares but will most likely replace them anyway.

I covered my '03 TJ's seats in the mopar neoprean seat covers. They held up real nice, look fantastic and it doesn't matter if they got wet. If you don't take the tops off then it really doesn't matter. However, I usually recommend some sort of cover on the seats in any case. Because if you do spill something, you can rince or wash it off and you don't have to worry about ruining seats.

As far as color goes, that's a personal preference. I ordered Jeep green but when my dealer was looking for me I told them either green would work for me. My '93 YJ was jeep green and loved it so that's what I'm sticking with. I like the Yellow too but it wasn't available in the Sahara package.

Lo2aY 10-18-2007 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Lucas718 (Post 207644)
Take a Honda Element off-road and then tell me how reliable it is.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL:rotflmao1:
i'm imagining the Honda doin some air

yea right!!

the bottom line
I still own two JEEPS
and to me when I think of Jeeps
1- GO EVERY WHERE
2- easy to play with (take top off - doors off - windshield).
3- CUSTOMIZE which i think falls under #2

If you have the right size tires you can go over a honda!! what more do you want :bleh:

just kiddin

add to that
how the jeep stands out btwn all other "CARS" ;)

bsack 10-18-2007 05:30 PM

Thanks again to all!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I got the Sahara because of the yes fabric and am glad I did. I have neoprene seat covers but my daughter spilled a full chocolate milk shake that seeped between the seat bottom and back and I didnt find it til days later. Pulled the neoprene seat covers and wiped up the dried and saturated shake from the seats with just a damp rag!!! No stains or smells, the seat cover was permamately stained though. Really glad that I got the Sahara for that reason alone. Normal fabric seat woulda been screwed. Not a big fan of the 18"s. Got them on accident and got rid of them soon. Ride nice on road but the Duelers spit gravel for f'ing miles and miles. Oh and get the Jeep green, its the Jeepiest color.:bleh:

Blue Dog 10-19-2007 03:42 AM

Think of it this way;
The Wrangler has been around a long time and I think maybe longer then any other vehicle around.
It is like a lego set you have your basic piece set then you can add on to that with other pieces if you like.
It is the only vehicle that gives you the option of fluff or not ( Jeep give you the option of manual or power windows and locks there is no other vehicle out there that gives you this option most are all power.
The Wrangler dose handle differentially then most so if you come from a car to a jeep you will notice that there is a big different.
You have to know a Jeep to appreciate a Jeep and what it can do.
Chrysler is in a rut right now but I have all confidence in the world the Wrangler will come back on top as always. :2thumbs:
They just need to stop dingken with it and go dink with something else and just leave the Wrangler alone and stop trying to make it car for people who are just looking for the looks (they have other Jeeps for that) and not performances or what the Wangler was meant for.

Raak Track 10-23-2007 09:33 PM

But they are good for:

Originally Posted by whatroads (Post 208119)
Consumer Reports has no business evaluating any off road vehicle. They should stick to what they know. Electric razors.

:rotflmao1: And toaster ovens :D I own an 07 JK, with (knock on wood) no problems, have previously owned several Land Rover vehicles ( boy, they really hate those!) and researched many many 4x4s before owning the Jeep.

Consistently, Consumer Reports (I am a member/subscriber) has a habit of downgrading any vehicle not configured for economy commuting. Offroad vehicles, trucks, sports cars, are evaluated in comparison to some ideal Honda Quaalude-- boring, unstylish, but a great pt A to pt B econobox with at least 6 airbags and cupholders in just the right places. Think Ralph Nader picking your next car for you.

Of course offroad vehicles are "less reliable" as there are more critical parts involved that can break, and costs of those repairs are higher than fixing your average car. After reading CR for years, I've gotten the sense that the evaluators are really dedicated, serious and looking out for their readers, BUT that they are very threatened by anything that smacks of fun, adventure, thrill, or personality. Thus, I have concluded that they have forgotten the principal reason Americans buy cars: fun, adventure, thrill, and personality.

I now will apologize to Honda owners (yes Honda is making several very cool vehicles, but I'm pretty sure they don't rate as well at CU), economy-minded folks (and thanks for not using all the gas we need to get around in our ORVs!) and to Americans who buy cars with no thought of thrill or personality. For the rest of us, and we who live in snowy and mountainous regions, there's Jeep, thank Heavens!

Ok, I'm done.

FRDesign 10-24-2007 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by CARGUYS (Post 207611)
4) the 07-08 Tundra is not fairing well either, and we all know how tuff it is(TV)

GOOD LUCK

good luck with that. Its a POS and everything has gone wrong with it. And Consumer Reports is BS anyways, they review your dishwasher and toaster, not your car.

BTW, Nothings gone wrong at all with my moms JK, and its one of the ealier built ones on the whole site.

FRDesign 10-24-2007 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by hisz06herz71 (Post 208019)
Toyota CJ

That is offensive to Jeepers worldwide,

CJ:http://www.ajeepthing.com/images/jeep_cj7.jpg
FJ:
http://www.offroaders.com/directory/...er2006_001.jpg

SBlair 10-24-2007 03:33 PM

First off, the article said SUV...I think they are talking about the 2wd unlimited. First thing is a 2wd wrangler is like a condom with a hole in it!!!!!
Now this is for bsack...

I have bought 2 Sahara's in the last 2 weeks... a his and hers and I took my unlimited on some trails. It performed flawlessly especially with the 18's. Medium trails. Got home and looked and saw a million scratches :naw: Had it washed and looks perfect. Just get it and abuse it!
Mine is red rock unlimited Sahara automatic softop. Hers is silver 2 dr Sahara standard hardtop. The 2 extremes. I already have a CAI and catback and staed in 4 hi and drive on the trails. Never felt it lacked power! Never shifted down to D2. Good Luck!