Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2011 JKU Weird squeek?

Old 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't say my "rattle" would have forced me to loose money and trade it in. If anything that dealer would be replacing everything possible. I have always had GREAT experiences at Feeny Jeep in Elgin, IL. On my third jeep from them!!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Interstink
I can't say my "rattle" would have forced me to loose money and trade it in. If anything that dealer would be replacing everything possible. I have always had GREAT experiences at Feeny Jeep in Elgin, IL. On my third jeep from them!!
More so, it was the fact that my 2 month old Jeep got violated and already had paint work done. I have a bit of a problem with that. It would have just bothered me over the course of the life that I owned the Jeep. Hard to explain since it's probably just some form of OCD, but either way, I'm pretty darn happy with my little CUV and will return to the Jeep world in the form of a TJ once I'm back from a deployment.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so it was my rear passenger shock bolt that was making the noise.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepRubi11
Ok so it was my rear passenger shock bolt that was making the noise.
Wow, you too huh! Hope I helped in your diag.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I had a squeak and weird rattlely noise yesterday while wheeling. I'm going to under and check all bolts. I wasn't there until recently.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepRubi11
Hey guys just wondering if anyone could tell me what might be wrong. I have a 2011 rubicon unlimited with not even 5k miles on it. It hasn't been off road yet. Every time I hit a bump or the jeep bounces a bit at any speed there is this high pitched little bird chip sound that comes from the front end. I even switch to 4 high on the fly and it still does it. I should be heading to the dealer soon since I haven't had an oil change yet but my light hasn't come on yet. Thanks for any help.
Good luck man. Mine is making simliar sound and is worse depending on drive to sit time, started 10k miles and has gotten worse. in dealer now as of today 6 times, they cant figure out what is wrong with it. Chrysler requested i take to new tech this time around, stated if new not fixed they will see what they can do for me. Please let me know if you get yours identified, sounds exactly like what i have.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Torque down on your shock bolts. Mine was making weird noises too till I did that.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EpicCosmo
Torque down on your shock bolts. Mine was making weird noises too till I did that.
Where are these shock bolts??

Quick Reply: 2011 JKU Weird squeek?