Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 AHT Trailer Tow Group Package (3.21 vs 3.73)

Old 08-23-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2012 AHT Trailer Tow Group Package (3.21 vs 3.73)

Any other "early orderers" of 2012 JKU Sahara expect to get 3.73 with the AHT trailer tow group (based on information at the time, including the ordering system)?

It was later corrected to only be 3.73 with Max Tow Package or as a seperate option, but based on the information we had at the time, early orders would have expected 3.73 on the Trailer Tow Group as well.

I was fine living with the 3.21 until Chrysler responded to my request today (which I would have been happy with: "we made a mistake in our ordering system, we appologize for the misinformation", etc.) and bascially told me they did nothing wrong, I got exactly what I ordered and it's between me and the dealer.

Any one else have this happen to them? I saw a couple others on another forum and faintly remember seeing a thread about this back in July (can't find it).

I ordered on 07/05 - Anyone with specifics on when the ordering system was updated (3.73 removed from trailer tow group), etc. would be nice too.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I started a thread on another forum- but have similar experience that you describe. I think I lucked out (not built yet, but ordered) on my JKU that I got 3.73's, but I am going to call dealer again tomorrow to confirm if I can that 3.73's will be on it!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by flyfish29
I started a thread on another forum- but have similar experience that you describe. I think I lucked out (not built yet, but ordered) on my JKU that I got 3.73's, but I am going to call dealer again tomorrow to confirm if I can that 3.73's will be on it!!!!
If you ordered both tow options or just the max or the trailer tow group + 3.73 add-on, you should be all set. It's the few of us who just ordered just the trailer tow based on bad information at the time that should be effected. If you have your VIN you can ask for a build sheet from Jeep through "contact us" on their website. That will tell you for sure. Unless you ordered Max Tow Group or the 3.73 add-on, you'll end up with 3.21 despite what the dealer may tell you.

Quick Reply: 2012 AHT Trailer Tow Group Package (3.21 vs 3.73)