Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Interest Rates

Old 08-26-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbry311
If you're over 700 most banks waive proof of income. Surprised they didnt just hand you the keys with an 838.

I just bought a NEW motorhome last weekend, I didn't have to supply any paycheck stubs or proof of income either

Last edited by Enclocal; 08-26-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you're over 700 most banks waive proof of income. Surprised they didnt just hand you the keys with an 838.
When i got my '08 that's exactly what they did. I went in around 5 one night. They ran the numbers and their connection with CF wasn't working or something. So they gave me the keys and told me to come back tomorrow. "Tomorrow" the problem still wasn't fixed... it was a full week before i actually paid for the jeep. Don't let anyone tell you different. Good Credit is GOOD!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MountainJKUnlimited
I plan on financing my 2012 JKUR within the next month or so. I got a signed configurations layout from the sales manager that includes cost (I'm getting FFP) and tax, title, and license. I asked him what most people with good credit (my score is about 800) were getting and he said around 4% for 60 months. I've been shopping around and without being in the military the best I've found is 3.24%. Has anyone gotten better without using USAA and if so where did you get it?
I got 1.7% for 72 months on my '11. It was through BOA.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Subtract 2 points from most of these rate quotes and that is your actual rate. 99% of dealers markup the rate so they can get their cut. I work for GM financial and dealers ask me to do it everyday. If they really want to sell the ride they'll give it to you at the buy rate not the sell rate.
I agree completely. They will monkey numbers and attempt to confuse the crap out of anyone who tries to buy a Jeep. 4 square is BS. Did you know there are incentives for dealers depending on how many cars they sell? Jeep will never tell you that but there is. That's why at times you will see dealers loose money to get rid of a product. They lost it on paper but they turn around and get it back for moving vehicles. They still make cash. All depends on where the dealer is at, at the time of purchase. "Supply in demand" is the name of the game. Sorry I'm done with my soap box now. Good luck to all the new buyers!!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I locked in at 3.49% through USAA for 72 months. I'll pay for a year or two and then refinance the rest through another bank and should be able to knock it down to closer to 2%.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

2.79 though BOA.
That was on a USED 2010 JKU (with 2,300 miles).

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Interest Rates