Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Jeep Order Status - 2

Old 04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If there is one advantage, we've ordered very late in the 2012 build cycle. There is probably a pretty limited amount of 2012s being made for the dealer lots, and less custom orders than there has been in months.

Last edited by arjeeper; 04-27-2012 at 05:38 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i placed my order too!

I placed my order April 14. 4 door rubicon - CRUSH! I got my first email April 20th saying my order is being tracked. and i got my second email April 26th saying that it has been scheduled for production. I cant wait for it to come in! Go CRUSH!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Finger On The Trigger

Can't. . . pull. . . . trigger. . . OK, well maybe that's an exaggeration. My friendly local pillager at my friendly local stealership thought he found close to exactly what I want on another stealer's lot ('12 Rubi in BFGreen, 6 spd, tow, 4.10, dual tops, 430N, leather trim/heated) but of course he can't actually get it. SO I'm probably going to order exactly what I want and be done with it (trading in a '10 Sahara).

My wife, who thinks I'm half an idiot anyway, what with all the Jeep related stuff and whatnot, goes and takes my jeep out to the store, sunny/70's/top off (the Jeep, not her!). She comes back, reminds me that I'm still half an idiot then goes on to say how much fun her little trip was.

I've posted here if for no other reason than to have a base line for future order-related whinings and bitching...

Thanks ARJeeper for restarting this thread. Cheers!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just got the call yesterday my crush unlimited sport is in ordered march 23 going to pick up saturday hopefully post pics then. First time ordering a vehicle my advice don't worry about the emails they just mess with your blood pressure lol
Old 04-27-2012, 05:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CF2010
Can't. . . pull. . . . trigger. . . OK, well maybe that's an exaggeration. My friendly local pillager at my friendly local stealership thought he found close to exactly what I want on another stealer's lot ('12 Rubi in BFGreen, 6 spd, tow, 4.10, dual tops, 430N, leather trim/heated) but of course he can't actually get it
I spent two weeks talking to dealerships, trying to get a Jeep from another lot that had what I wanted. Every time it was sold before I could get any action on it. That's why I gave in and ordered. Got the options I wanted and nothing I didn't!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by loader963
Just got the call yesterday my crush unlimited sport is in ordered march 23 going to pick up Saturday...
Awesome! Lots of Crush love on the order thread here!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arjeeper

Awesome! Lots of Crush love on the order thread here!
I know haven't seen any around town thought I'd be unique but looking at this site it seems to be one of the more popular skittles colors lol
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I've only seen one on the road where I live. I think all the forum talk is really just because it's a new color for 2012. They may become more common, but they aren't yet. Jeep seems to change the tones of their colors frequently, so it's possible this specific orange won't be back.

Last edited by arjeeper; 04-27-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered on 4-2-2012 and the dealer told me to expect it mid-July.
Yesterday when I called customer service (IAMJEEP) they said it had been built, and had an expected shipping date of May 5th. Not sure if that means it leaves the plant on May 5th or that's when it gets here. Who knows.

Counting the days.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pooneej
hi: I'm going to guess you ordered to get exactly what you wanted right? I may consider that but I'm seeing a lot of jeeps in stock at dealers and they're discounting them (at least they're advertising discounting them, not sure what games may come up when sitting down signing papers).

thanks
I see that too and i am also ready to pull the trigger to buy or wait for a 2013.
Only reason to buy now would be to enjoy the Summer with it.
What dealers here ( Nashua,NH AREA ) are doing is adding the rebates weither or
not you quailify for them and posting those reduced prices online and in paper.
When you go in then they tell you the price is higher :-(
Rob ....

Quick Reply: 2012 Jeep Order Status - 2