Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ormandj
I still can't find my Jeep in the insight system. VOTs shows production scheduled. Frustrating, I ordered Oct. 04. JKR.
Well if it makes you feel any better...I placed my order october 3rd (dealer officially placed order the 6th). My insight took until 5 days ago to work and it says the same thing vots said 3 weeks ago... Scheduled production.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by runnerprairie
Well if it makes you feel any better...I placed my order october 3rd (dealer officially placed order the 6th). My insight took until 5 days ago to work and it says the same thing vots said 3 weeks ago... Scheduled production.
I'm with ya...I place my order and got my VON on 10/5/2011 and have yet to get a VIN!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Default I didn't see the Arctic Specs so I cut and pasted from another thread.

Available in Bright White, Bright Silver Metallic, Winter Chill Pearlcoat

Exterior:
Unique hard badge (left and right fender)
Body color hard top
“Yeti Footprint” decal on driver side front fender & hood
Rubicon tires / wheels painted semi-gloss black, with matching black center caps Delete front / rear silver appliqués
Hood Decal – Black
Mopar black fuel door & black tail lamp guards

Interior:
Unique Cluster w/ gray-faced dials & Arctic graphics
Seat covering: Vinyl with embossment
Seat insert: Tectonic fabric with Polar White accents
Seat patch: Sewn on (Front Seats Only)
Seat cushion, back, & headrest: Accent stitch in Arctic Orange
With Black Interior only: Heated Front Seats only
I/P Vent Rings and Grab Handle insert in Polar White
Door Grab Handle Insert in Polar White
Door Arm Rest, Console Lid & Steering Wheel: Accent stitch in Arctic Orange
Door Trim and I/P Nets; Black with Arctic Orange accent
MOPAR Slush Mats with white Jeep lettering
Old 11-03-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I feel for you guys that havent receieved any updates at all...the whole system is so weird and unpredictable. It'd be nice to be given a reason why certain orders seem to fly through in ~3 weeks and others take 2+ months.

That being said, I just checked insight this AM as I was curious to see if mine had been loaded onto a rail car or left the plant yet...still showed "at bay" and now the ETA for delivery is 11/15 instead of 11/14. Hope this isnt gonna be the trend for the next month, lol. Anyone know what the process is for getting vehicles out of their bay? Do they have to wait for a certain amount of Jeeps heading in the same (general) direction to be loaded on to the same carrier? Just wondering.

to all those that are waiting!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called Chrysler/Jeep today, checked on the status, and while VOTS says production scheduled, I was told that my Jeep Wrangler actually started production on the 2nd of November, and that it normally only takes a few days at most for the build, then whatever shipping time is involved (they indicated to me, mine would be rail). I'm quite excited! That said, VOTS is terribly inaccurate.

Unfortunately, from insight, it looks like it's going to be a while until I get it?:

Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/02/2011 06:35 AM CDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Future
Loaded On Railcar 11/16/2011 02:00 AM CST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Railcar - Interchanged 11/20/2011 02:00 AM CST Salem, IL
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/23/2011 01:00 PM CST Kirby, TX
Unloaded From Railcar 11/24/2011 12:00 AM CST Kirby, TX

Does it really take that long? Looking at the information, it appears the Chrysler representative was incorrect, as it appears it just went to D1 on the 2nd, not that it was actually on the assembly line.

Last edited by ormandj; 11-03-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered on 10/3-went D1 on 10/25-just looked shows built pending inspection-Vots says in paint.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ormandj
I called Chrysler/Jeep today, checked on the status, and while VOTS says production scheduled, I was told that my Jeep Wrangler actually started production on the 2nd of November, and that it normally only takes a few days at most for the build, then whatever shipping time is involved (they indicated to me, mine would be rail). I'm quite excited! That said, VOTS is terribly inaccurate.

Unfortunately, from insight, it looks like it's going to be a while until I get it?:

Route Movements Event Date Location
Current
Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/02/2011 06:35 AM CDT Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Future
Loaded On Railcar 11/16/2011 02:00 AM CST Toledo Supplier Park, OH
Railcar - Interchanged 11/20/2011 02:00 AM CST Salem, IL
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/23/2011 01:00 PM CST Kirby, TX
Unloaded From Railcar 11/24/2011 12:00 AM CST Kirby, TX

Does it really take that long? Looking at the information, it appears the Chrysler representative was incorrect, as it appears it just went to D1 on the 2nd, not that it was actually on the assembly line.
That's almost exactly what Insight says about mine, except I went D1 on 10/28 so the dates are a little off (I'm in Austin). Interesting that you said it has already started production. Now you got me wondering...
Old 11-04-2011, 12:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foo.c
That's almost exactly what Insight says about mine, except I went D1 on 10/28 so the dates are a little off (I'm in Austin). Interesting that you said it has already started production. Now you got me wondering...
Chrysler's phone line person told me it had started production on the 2nd. I have a feeling he was just seeing D1 and the date and stating that meant it was in production/on the line. Only time will tell.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

I Ordered mine 10/9 - I call the 800 number and they can never find it. I called the dealer and it is currently in D1 status with an estimated ship date of 11/14. I ordered the Black Forest Green (Can't wait to see what it looks like) with the black and brown interior, Unlimited Rubicon...Looking for places to explore in the Virginia area if anyone knows of anything...especially near Richmond/Charlottesville.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Newbie

So, I too finally got good news. Got an email this morning giving me my VIN! My status is - Scheduled for Build (D1) 11/04/2011. About dang time...I ordered on 10/5!

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread