Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2012 Wrangler information thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPop
Myself and quite a few others have our garage door opener behind the driver side pillar. A good theft deterrent as it's out of site, yet still handy. I can't imagine that Chrysler changed the pillar, so a good place to stash your remote when you're parked outside with a soft top.
Can you please post a pic of this? I has a confuse....where does it go?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I used on my harley.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...l_826btq1z75_e

this clips in to the highbeam switch and to activate, when you are in range of the garage door you flip your highbeams adn the door opens. It has nothing to do really withthe lights, but the lights power the opener sort of. it is pretty cool on the bike and seems like it would be a nice add on to the Jeep. i think I may even still have the part that wires to the bike. So I just need the part that plugs in to the opener. Hopefully I did not throw it asway.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I think that we may see more of these on the dealer lots.

This one is on the local dealer lot...it looks really awesome in the pics and even better in person.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep JK-8.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	248453
Old 12-14-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Kneetard
Can you please post a pic of this? I has a confuse....where does it go?
Sorry I missed this. Can't get a picture of mine at the moment, but here's where I am talking about. Unless you have some sort of giant remote you can easily get it tucked in there and access the button through the access hole.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by The_Kleins2012jk
Got my new Jk about three weeks ago. I had my reservations about a new motor new tranny, and well at 1300 miles it has already thrown a TCM code. Just in case any of you 2012 owners out there have the same issue....truned on the car after a long day at work only to have the guages freaking out and saying "oil hot" and all of the gauge indicators were lit up.
Dealer says it was a TCM malfunction. They cleared the check engine and now everything seems to work. Thank god it happened at home instead of the middle of Death Valley somewhere. I had a tripped planned for February, and I'm this didnt happen there.
I had a similar experience at around 1500 miles. All the gauge indicators lit up, putting vehicle into limp mode, and it would not start after turning it off. Dealership checked wiring for every module, and noticed the PCM was overheating, so they replaced it. Same problem occurred a day later. After two more weeks they determined it was a failed relay that throws errors on the bus. It has apparently been moved on the 2012, and per the mechanic Chrysler's schematics on-line were not updated so he did not know where it was. Mechanic put the vehicle on lift with it running, touched the relay and it failed. Very frustrating, 32 days in the shop. Dealership did a good job, not very satisfied with Chrysler. No problems for past month, overall pleased with the new motor, tranny, and the vehicle in general
Old 12-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Njw
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKRazz
This one is on the local dealer lot...it looks really awesome in the pics and even better in person.

Attachment 248453
I like it, any ideas which wheels are on it? Kind of looks like RR.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Newbie

Mine was ordered middle of August, arrived middle of November. First crush in Central Valley of CA now sits at the dealership bcuz I needed spinal fusion so there went my down payment.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

It would be funny if there started to be a colored hardtop trade.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll take a painted black hard top if anyone wants to trade for a non painted hard top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Kleins2012jk
Got my new Jk about three weeks ago. I had my reservations about a new motor new tranny, and well at 1300 miles it has already thrown a TCM code. Just in case any of you 2012 owners out there have the same issue....truned on the car after a long day at work only to have the guages freaking out and saying "oil hot" and all of the gauge indicators were lit up.
Dealer says it was a TCM malfunction. They cleared the check engine and now everything seems to work. Thank god it happened at home instead of the middle of Death Valley somewhere. I had a tripped planned for February, and I'm this didnt happen there.
Did you recently get the oil changed? My dealer said anything but 5W-30 will trigger the hot oil light.

Quick Reply: 2012 Wrangler information thread