Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2013 Updated Jeep Ordering Info

Old 06-03-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Updated Jeep Ordering Info

My husband is a sales manager at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.

My husband was in the Jeep ordering system this evening (Sunday 6/3/12)and the PGH code now shows it as Commando Green and it is not at this point available to order as a color. It looks like all the 2012 options are available.

Colors on the Sahara and Rubicon so far:

White
Black
Deep Cherry
True Blue
Dozer

Tonight these are the only colors on the system. Obviously these will change, but this is what the system has so far. I did not have him check the Sport options because I am going to be trading my 09 Sahara for either another Sahara or more likely a Rubicon. Let me know if you have questions. No pricing information is available yet, but since I am going to be ordering as early as July, I should have more specific info as days go by. Thought you all might like to know.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Commando Green, eh? That's a very old Jeep color. Was originally going to be called Polynesian Green for 2013. I gotta say, the old Jeep Commando Green looks a lot more Polynesian than it does Commando!

Not really my thing...
Old 06-03-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

From another forum... Commando green! Not too shabby.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1558110381.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	325233  
Old 06-03-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GSDgirl
That's not a Jeep swatch. That is indeed a great color, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Jeep has a real cruel streak when it comes to colors. They COULD give everyone the olive that everyone has been wanting, but they won't. Just to be mean.

I mean hell, Sahara Tan only ran for like 13 months. It should be a standard JK color, year in year out.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Tex
That's not a Jeep swatch. That is indeed a great color, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Jeep has a real cruel streak when it comes to colors. They COULD give everyone the olive that everyone has been wanting, but they won't. Just to be mean.

I mean hell, Sahara Tan only ran for like 13 months. It should be a standard JK color, year in year out.
So true. There should be an olive or tan color available every year. I still love the "chargold" of my 96 ZJ, or what's left of it.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
JK Junkie

Im more interested in this "True Blue" and if Dark Forest Green will be offered for the 2013 ?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Im more interested in this "True Blue" and if Dark Forest Green will be offered for the 2013 ?
Why True Blue is pretty gross lol, and BFG was nixxed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1333.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	325302  
Old 06-04-2012, 02:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Keschete
My husband is a sales manager at a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep.

My husband was in the Jeep ordering system this evening (Sunday 6/3/12)and the PGH code now shows it as Commando Green and it is not at this point available to order as a color. It looks like all the 2012 options are available.

Colors on the Sahara and Rubicon so far:

White
Black
Deep Cherry
True Blue
Dozer

Tonight these are the only colors on the system. Obviously these will change, but this is what the system has so far. I did not have him check the Sport options because I am going to be trading my 09 Sahara for either another Sahara or more likely a Rubicon. Let me know if you have questions. No pricing information is available yet, but since I am going to be ordering as early as July, I should have more specific info as days go by. Thought you all might like to know.

Thanks for the update! I still can't believe there will be no flame red! What a shame!

Do you know when we will be able to go in and order a 2013 and what the delivery times might be?
Old 06-04-2012, 03:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GSDgirl
Originally Posted by JK-Tex

I found that swatch, and UHB (Up Hill Bill) was able to actually get it loaded on the site.

Is isn't a Jeep swatch.....but....Pat let us know that the color shown is similar to what it will actually look like. It will be a clear coat.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by panthermark
I found that swatch, and UHB (Up Hill Bill) was able to actually get it loaded on the site.

Is isn't a Jeep swatch.....but....Pat let us know that the color shown is similar to what it will actually look like. It will be a clear coat.
That would be fantastic. Jeep would sell the hell out of that Commando Green. Like a slightly darker, browner Rescue Green. Might also explain why the much-rumored Dune was nixed. Olive Green and Dark Tan would be kinda close together.

Quick Reply: 2013 Updated Jeep Ordering Info