JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   2013 Wrangler changes (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/2013-wrangler-changes-209660/)

gump9005 12-18-2011 10:22 AM

2013 Wrangler changes

I don't see them changing anything. They did a lot in just the past two years. Maybe they'll offer new colors just to differentiate between '12 and '13?

I really hope they have good deals on the '12s right before the '13s come out. I imagine they'll have to since even a brand new '12 will have depreciated a lot more compared to a '13 made just the next day.

Chrislh 12-18-2011 11:47 AM

Probably new colors. My wife works for a dealer I'll tell her to keep an ear out for any changes they may make.

WXman 12-18-2011 01:20 PM

I'm betting they will ride the '12 model from now until '15 or so when the total redesign happens. So, look for minor enhancements next year. New colors, maybe new wheels, different cupholders, minor stuff like that. I don't personally believe anything will happen next year that would be worth waiting for if you need a Jeep today.

gump9005 12-19-2011 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chrislh (Post 2735353)
Probably new colors. My wife works for a dealer I'll tell her to keep an ear out for any changes they may make.

I'd be happy even with that.

I'm dying to see a good green.

Fuzzy™ 01-03-2012 08:01 AM

Possible HIDs, Powertop and new wheel design along with few color changes (inside & out). (pure speculation)

m998dna 01-03-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by gump9005 (Post 2735217)
I don't see them changing anything...

Then why did you start this thread?

:gak:

EarlyJk 01-03-2012 08:10 AM

Dont see much of anything changing. What I do see as a good time to buy a 12 is when the last run of them is made right before the 13s come out. Those will be the ones where all the issues on the earlier model 12 will be worked out and tweaked. Plus you'll get a better deal then jumping in on a 12 when they first rolled out.
I always go by that rule Never Buy the 1st Yr of a redesign... At least if you got a late 12, itll be somewhat ironed out for you.

Sudz 01-03-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by EarlyJk (Post 2765487)
Dont see much of anything changing.

except the price

Bucko 01-03-2012 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by EarlyJk (Post 2765487)
Dont see much of anything changing. What I do see as a good time to buy a 12 is when the last run of them is made right before the 13s come out. Those will be the ones where all the issues on the earlier model 12 will be worked out and tweaked. Plus you'll get a better deal then jumping in on a 12 when they first rolled out.
I always go by that rule Never Buy the 1st Yr of a redesign... At least if you got a late 12, itll be somewhat ironed out for you.

LOL, this isn't a Chevy Vega!

I don't get the '1st year rule' mentality anymore... ESPECIALLY with the JK. My 2011 has a lot of the same 'wrinkles' that still need ironing as previous models... Plus, the engine/transmission combo has been out and successful for well over a year now.

One thing i'd like to see is a non-leaking Freedom top! :thumbsup:

EarlyJk 01-03-2012 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko

LOL, this isn't a Chevy Vega!

I don't get the '1st year rule' mentality anymore... ESPECIALLY with the JK. My 2011 has a lot of the same 'wrinkles' that still need ironing as previous models... Plus, the engine/transmission combo has been out and successful for well over a year now.

One thing i'd like to see is a non-leaking Freedom top! :thumbsup:

The engine/tranny combo IN the JK is new... Any vehicles that get a powertrain from another vehicle needs to be reworked when fit into a diiferent vehicle. The kinks are there. The early 07 JKs are by far the most problematic JKs built but in time they got better... Never said perfect but significantly better.