Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Old 06-06-2017, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Hey Guys,

Recently started to notice that the leather on my steering wheel is ripped and peeling. I bought the jeep new in August so I'm pretty surprised that this is happening. This is my second Jeep, I had my previous one for 7 years and never experienced this problem. Has anyone else had this problem with the newer Jeeps? Any recommendations on what I should do? I already spoke with the service department at my dealership and they denied my warranty claim, saying that something abnormal I did caused the damage. Thats not the case, but whatever. I went on to speak with someone at Jeep Premium Care, and they too denied my claim, saying upper management would not approve it. Now I'm stuck with a brand new steering wheel that is peeling and no solutions on how to fix it. My dealership said I would have to replace the entire steering wheel, where as the people at Jeep Premium Care said it could possibly be rewrapped. But, at this point, nobody has been very helpful in helping me get either of those two options done. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jorge
Old 06-07-2017, 05:28 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Duplicate thread....maybe the moderators can delete this one?

Quick Reply: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited