Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2016 Stock JK Shudder Question

Old 05-25-2018, 08:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Stock JK Shudder Question

I have a 2016 JK Unlimited Sahara with 24k on it. Recently it has started to develop a shudder when at a stop. This happens in Drive, Park or Reverse. It feels like it runs fine and then stumbles like it is going to die. When I watch the tachometer I can’t even notice a drop in RPMs. I have replaced the air filter a couple of months ago. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was it?
thanks
Old 05-27-2018, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I’d check spark plugs first. My JK would do this occasionally at a long stop light idle and I would see a drop in idle. I recently changed my plugs at 62k. They were worn. I haven’t had the decrease in idle since.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

How long does the shudder last? Seconds?
Old 10-06-2019, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Gonna necro this to add some information. Jeep started to shudder and nearly stall out after a long trip to Ouray this summer. It threw tons of codes. Things that didn’t even seem related to engine running. What was found is one of my bolts had decided to work its way out of the EGR valve. Valve was barely hanging on by the other bolt. Installed new bolts, cleared DTCs and running like a top.

Quick Reply: 2016 Stock JK Shudder Question