Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2018 JK Cold Weather Group

Old 10-25-2017, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 JK Cold Weather Group

The 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKs have just appeared in the build and price section of Jeep.ca and one of the options for the Unlimited Sport is the "Cold weather Group"
Here's what it includes:

PRICE
$1,000
INCLUDED FEATURES (5):
Front heated seats
Heavy-duty suspension with gas shocks
LT265/70R17C KO2 All-Terrain tires
BFGoodrich® brand tires
Mopar® slush mats

Its the first time I see a JK with KO2's from the factory as well as "Heavy Duty suspension and gas shocks". Does anyone know if that just means Rubicon Springs and shocks?
Just curious about this as I'm getting ready to trade in my Tacoma for a 2018 JK.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

To me, that package would be all about the tires. Planning to keep it stock? Are those the tires you want and plan to keep that size? A lot of people will read that and see $1k butt warmers. If you have any plans to lift it or increase tire size then none of that really matters; however, if you're going to leave it stock and like those tires, probably worth $1k for the upgrades. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in to "heavy duty suspension with gas shocks".

I would note that you can easily add aftermarket butt warmers to both sides for ~$160...and the after market pads are a bit larger (warming a larger area) and get warmer than the factory ones.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:18 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
... If you have any plans to lift it or increase tire size then none of that really matters ....
Don't forget that those five tires should easily sell for $500-600. If you had basic street tires, good luck selling them for much.

Quick Reply: 2018 JK Cold Weather Group