Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

2wd to 4wd conversion questions

Old 03-01-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2wd to 4wd conversion questions

Going from a 2wd to a 4wd with my Unlimited. Could yall please tell me what parts I would need to accomplish this. Cost isn't an issue, as it will be a long term project.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

If cost isn't an issue, you might want to trade up to a 4wd JK instead. It would be simpler and you would probably have less issues longterm. Just my .02
Old 03-01-2008, 01:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn’t it be easier and cheaper just to trade it in and get a 4x4 Rubicon?
Old 03-01-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Jedi

I would agree, especially if cost isn't a major issue just trade it in and save yourself the headache. If you are dedicated to the challenge though, I recommend doing a search as the topic has been covered in some detail before about what all you would need, and may even list some vendors who can help you out along the way.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many people on here have upgraded what they already have? It might not be that bad of a project. Build it the way you want it. I dont know how much cheaper the 2wd was but I bet it was quite a bit. If you sell you are going to loose money, then to buy another new one is more money lost. Sorry I dont know what all is needed but I say go for it then let us know how it was!!

Quick Reply: 2wd to 4wd conversion questions