Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

4-Dr Rubicon: Navigation in December, E-Disco in 08

Old 10-09-2006, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4-Dr Rubicon: Navigation in December, E-Disco in 08

According to several dealers, it won't be possible to get (or even order) a 4-Door Rubicon with Navigation until December, or electronic disconnect until 2008.

I note that others have gotten the above options already - but were those on 4-door Rubicons or on something else? The information I got was specific to the 4-door Rubicon.

Hope there's a way to get it the way I want sooner than that.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You are correct about the MyGig headunit/Nav system, they will not be available until December at the soonest. As far as the e-disco goes, they are ONLY available on the Rubicon 2 and 4 Doors and they are available now. Here is a pic of the e-disco motor on a 4-Door Rubicon shielded by a PUREJEEP skid that I just took over the weekend at the Off Road Expo.

There were 4 other 4-Door Rubicon Unlimiteds there with these on them and I can assure you they are being sold on them now. In fact, the 4-Door Rubicon I have on order will have it too. The dealers you have been talking to are simply jerking your chain. My guess is that they are just unable to get their hands on a 4-Door Rubicon until that time. Give Jeff Sladick a call over at Don-A-Vee Jeep in Placentia (714) 528-5337 x.704. He'll set things straight for you
Old 10-09-2006, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Car dealers jerking me around? NOOO... I find that hard to believe.

Thanks for the picture, I'll pass this along to the dealers who tell me that. One place is offering to install the nav system from the Grand Cherokee, that sounds like it would work fine for me. I'll talk to Jeff Sladick and see what he says.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

So Is it my understaning that the e discos are currently on the 07 4dr and 2dr rubi's??????
Old 10-09-2006, 09:13 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by XBroncoman
So Is it my understaning that the e discos are currently on the 07 4dr and 2dr rubi's??????
Yup - only on the Rubies

Quick Reply: 4-Dr Rubicon: Navigation in December, E-Disco in 08