JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   About Buying Chinese Goods for Your Jeep (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/about-buying-chinese-goods-your-jeep-322844/)

BlackRockBurner 03-22-2016 02:14 PM

Oligarchy • a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique; government by the few.

America right now : with Citizens United allowing corporations and billionaires to buy votes ridding one person one vote, corporations designated as having human rights but can't be thrown in jail for wrongdoing, greed in making short term profits more important than long term sustainable growth sacrificing jobs for profit margins and here's the biggie. An uniformed, lazy, disenfranchised, ignorant by design populace that frowns on smart informed people.

Don't blame the EPA, the "other" skinned people, or government. This change started in the '80's. Blame ourselves for allowing this to happen. Capitalism NEEDS a conscience, without and look around.

DJ1 03-22-2016 03:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner (Post 4200260)
Oligarchy • a form of government in which all power is vested in a few persons or in a dominant class or clique; government by the few.

America right now : with Citizens United allowing corporations and billionaires to buy votes ridding one person one vote, corporations designated as having human rights but can't be thrown in jail for wrongdoing, greed in making short term profits more important than long term sustainable growth sacrificing jobs for profit margins and here's the biggie. An uniformed, lazy, disenfranchised, ignorant by design populace that frowns on smart informed people.

Don't blame the EPA, the "other" skinned people, or government. This change started in the '80's. Blame ourselves for allowing this to happen. Capitalism NEEDS a conscience, without and look around.

Well said. Especially that first word....

Attachment 641507

...but we can't deny the fact that govts have been infiltrated. In the USA's case, it is no longer "by the people, for the people."

If it were, NAFTA would be repealed. TPP would be repealed. Glass-Steagall would be brought back in full force. The list goes on....

One could actually argue this started as far back as 1913 when the Federal Reserve Act was put into play by Woodrow Wilson. After signing it, he even acknowledged the f*ck-job he gave to the citizenry to acquire presidential votes. He sold out.

jk_sea 03-22-2016 05:04 PM

Does anyone make auxiliary lights in the USA? I'm looking for a couple pair of LED cubes.

dahreno 03-22-2016 08:35 PM

It's exactly what I was trying to say, people living paycheck to paycheck many times is a mindset and will see you down , broke, no place to live the first time you can't work. Everyone seems to want right now and savings is a curse word. I'm old and I did a good job of teaching my kids, other peoples kids are there problem, I can't fix it.

DJ1 03-22-2016 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by jk_sea (Post 4200317)
Does anyone make auxiliary lights in the USA? I'm looking for a couple pair of LED cubes.

Rigid Industries is going to be your best bet. There might be others but I haven't checked recently....

Chuck-The-Ripper 03-23-2016 02:05 AM

LEDs are one thing that's hard to buy American for the average person... Even rigid uses overseas parts and the price gap is extremely significant. I know it sounds shitty but even if though someone buys a cheap lightbar from Amazon or the like, if the business is American at least it's supporting them...

DJ1 03-23-2016 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4200392)
I know it sounds shitty but even if though someone buys a cheap lightbar from Amazon or the like, if the business is American at least it's supporting them...

The difference is these so called knock-off Amazon "American" businesses are nothing but "front" shops. They are comprised of nothing more than 2-10 person paper pushing, accounting, RMA processing, customs tracking, and shipping/handling teams. THEY OFFER ZERO IN TERMS OF US MANUFACTURING. ----- ZERO -----

At least with RIGID, like the JK itself, even though they may have overseas components as part of the assembly, at the very least there is still mfg/assembly being done here stateside. That equates to MIDDLE CLASS JOBS. Without a strong MIDDLE CLASS, this country is DEAD.

You said earlier your generation is going to bring MFG back to the US. How exactly are you proposing to do that when you're fine buying cheaper knock-offs from these so called Amazon "front" companies and helping to put the 150+ people that RIGID employs (according to this 2014 article) on the welfare line???

Rigid Industries employs 150+ people right here in the good old USA and we traveled to their facility to see first hand exactly what goes down in their Gilbert, AZ headquarters. Now of course they utilize products from overseas, just like 100% of the other lighting companies in the world do. But Rigid is a US manufacturer and their lights are being built right here in the USA.
Rigid Industries Shop Tour - race-deZert.com

Chuck-The-Ripper 03-23-2016 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by DJ1 (Post 4200404)
The difference is these so called knock-off Amazon "American" businesses are nothing but "front" shops. They are comprised of nothing more than 2-10 person paper pushing, accounting, RMA processing, customs tracking, and shipping/handling teams. THEY OFFER ZERO IN TERMS OF US MANUFACTURING. ----- ZERO ----- At least with RIGID, like the JK itself, even though they may have overseas components as part of the assembly, at the very least there is still mfg/assembly being done here stateside. That equates to MIDDLE CLASS JOBS. Without a strong MIDDLE CLASS, this country is DEAD. You said earlier your generation is going to bring MFG back to the US. How exactly are you proposing to do that when you're fine buying cheaper knock-offs from these so called Amazon "front" companies and helping to put the 150+ people that RIGID employs (according to this 2014 article) on the welfare line??? Rigid Industries Shop Tour - race-deZert.com .

I'm not in this for a debate. I didn't say that my generation has a plan to bring it back or even *will*. What I was referring to is the fact that it's my generations duty to bring it back. If it isn't fixed by the time my generation is retired or dead, then I believe there won't be much left of America for future generations.
You are correct in your statement about rigid, but the average person can't afford it. It's either a cheap lightbar or nothing, so at least instead of no one getting your money a couple guys from America running a side business out of their garage can pay for the new pair of shoes their kid needs.

DJ1 03-23-2016 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4200087)
Just like the older generation who taught respect yet comment on Facebook videos of Donald Trump encouraging violence, your generation is just as guilty, if not MORE guilty, than mine for buying over-seas products. Remember it was your generation who took the jobs overseas in the first place and it will be MY generation that brings them back.
I do agree though, and admit I'm just as guilty as the rest.

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper (Post 4200406)
I'm not in this for a debate. I didn't say that my generation has a plan to bring it back or even *will*.

You don't say? :thinking:

Chuck-The-Ripper 03-23-2016 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by DJ1 (Post 4200407)
You don't say? :thinking: .

That's a perfect example of how the media twists something into what they want. If you would've read more I said that if my generation doesn't, then there'll likely be no America. I believe in my country, therefore I say my generation will. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here as we're on the same side. You may buy American products, but would you give your life for this country or have you risked your life for this country? If the answer is no, then there really isn't much arguing left you can do.